These Greek Hummus Phyllo Bites are an easy no-bake recipe that takes less than 10 minutes to make. This is a quick and easy appetizer or snack recipe that’s fit for any occasion!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below & we'll send it straight to your inbox! You will also receive other new recipes in your inbox weekly!
The Best Hummus Phyllo Bites Appetizer
I’m always on the search for quick and easy appetizers for entertaining, and these Greek Hummus Phyllo Bites fit the bill! They are super easy to make, require no cooking, and are surprisingly healthy! (That’s a win-win-win!) They make the perfect appetizer for game days, potlucks, parties, and get-togethers with family or friends.
The mini portions and healthy filling is what keep these Hummus Phyllo Bites low-calorie. They are about 32 calories a serving. I went a little lighter on the feta cheese and used fresh tomatoes, black olives, and chopped parsley for extra nutritional value and flavor. Plus, they’re vegetarian-friendly!
The combination of flavors is light and fresh, with a crunchy bite thanks to the pre-made phyllo cups. You can customize them to your liking, making them versatile and so fun to make!
So, what are you waiting for? Make these Greek Hummus Phyllo Bites for your next party!
There are only 6 ingredients needed to make this easy appetizer:
- Frozen Phyllo Cups: This is the easiest and most convenient way to make this recipe. I recommend taking them out of the freezer about 10-15 minutes before you need to use them. These are much easier to handle than actual sheets of phyllo dough! One package comes with about 15 cups. You can easily double the recipe and use two packages of mini phyllo shells.
- Hummus: You can use store-bought or homemade hummus!
- Cherry Tomatoes: Dice them up for a burst of tangy flavor in each bite.
- Black olives: Diced or sliced black olives work best! You can also use kalamata olives if you prefer and extra salty option.
- Feta cheese: Crumbled to sprinkle on top!
- Fresh Parsley: Garnish with some fresh parsley if desired.
How To Make greek hummus Phyllo Bites
- Add Hummus: these easy Greek Hummus Phyllo Bites, just layer a spoonful of hummus into each phyllo cup.
- Add Toppings: Top with tomatoes, black olives, feta cheese, and parsley.
- Serve: Serve immediately and enjoy!
Tips and Variations
- Use a variety of hummus! I used plain here, but garlic, red pepper, roasted tomato or spicy hummus would be delicious.
- Not a fan of hummus? You could easily swap it for baba ganoush or tzatziki instead.
- Change up the veggies! Shredded lettuce, diced cucumbers, thinly sliced carrots, pickled onions, red peppers, eggplant, or zucchini would also work well here.
- Spice it up! Add some diced jalapeño, crushed red pepper flakes, or cayenne pepper.
- Make them vegan by omitting the feta or substituting a comparable plant-based cheese.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are phyllo cups?
Phyllo, sometimes know as filo, is a very very thin pastry dough that is often used in Greek foods. It is crunchy and flaky. The most popular use of phyllo dough is in baklava!
These mini phyllo cups are made by baking phyllo dough in a muffin tin to create little cups. It is easiest to buy phyllo dough already made and baked into cups for this recipe!
You can make these an hour or so ahead of time, but be warned that the longer the hummus and toppings sit in the phyllo cups, the more soggy the cups will become. I recommend preparing them and plating them just before serving.
more easy appetizer recipes to try!
- Avocado Corn Salsa
- Rainbow Vegetable Spring Rolls
- Warm French Onion Soup
- Crab Toast
- Spicy Chipotle Guacamole with Homemade Tortilla Chips
Greek Hummus Phyllo Bites
- Scoop a spoonful of hummus into each phyllo cup.
- Top with tomatoes, black olives, feta cheese and parsley.Serve immediately and enjoy!