Greek Hummus Phyllo Bites
These Greek Hummus Phyllo Bites are an easy no-bake recipe that takes less than 10 minutes to make. This is a quick and easy appetizer or snack recipe that’s fit for any occasion!
Looking for more simple appetizer recipes? Then you’ve got to try my Baked BLT Dip and my Instant Pot Deviled Eggs!
Here’s Your New Favorite Party Appetizer!
I’m always on the search for quick and easy appetizers for entertaining, and these Greek Hummus Phyllo Bites fit the bill! They are super easy to make, require no cooking, and are surprisingly healthy! (That’s a win-win-win!) They make the perfect appetizer for game days, potlucks, parties, and get-togethers with family or friends.
The mini portions and healthy filling is what keep these Greek Hummus Phyllo Bites low-calorie. They are about 32 calories a serving. I went a little lighter on the feta cheese and used fresh tomatoes, black olives, and chopped parsley for extra nutritional value and flavor. Plus, they’re vegetarian-friendly!
So, what are you waiting for? Make these Greek Hummus Phyllo Bites for your next party!
There are only 6 ingredients needed to make this easy appetizer:
- One package of frozen phyllo cups (approximately 15 cups per package) that has been thawed to room temperature
- Your favorite hummus
- Diced cherry tomatoes
- Sliced or diced black olives
- Crumbled feta cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley
How To Make Phyllo Bites
To assemble these easy Greek Hummus Phyllo Bites, just layer a spoonful of hummus into each phyllo cup. Top with tomatoes, black olives, feta cheese, and parsley, then serve. How easy is that?
This recipe makes a total of 15 mini bites. If you want to double this recipe, you will need two boxes of mini phyllo shells.
The phyllo bites already come precooked and are super easy to thaw in a pinch. Simply take out of the freezer and allow them to defrost for 10 minutes that’s it. These little cups are much easier to work with then actual sheets of phyllo dough.
Why I Love This Easy Appetizer
Need more of a reason to love these Phyllo Bites? They’re:
- Bite Sized
- Totally customizable
Tips and Variations
- Use a variety of hummuses! I used plain here, but garlic, red pepper, or spicy would be delicious.
- Not a fan of hummus? You could easily swap it for baba ganoush or tzatziki instead.
- Change up the veggies! Shredded lettuce, diced cucumbers, thinly sliced carrots, pickled onions, eggplant, or zucchini would also work well here.
- Spice it up! Add some diced jalapeño, crushed red pepper flakes, or cayenne pepper.
- Make them vegan by omitting the feta or substituting a comparable plant-based cheese.
You can make these an hour or so ahead of time, but be warned that the longer the hummus and toppings sit in the phyllo cups, the more soggy the cups will become. I recommend preparing them and plating them just before serving.
Looking for more easy appetizer recipes to try!
- Avocado Corn Salsa
- Rainbow Vegetable Spring Rolls
- Warm French Onion Soup
- Crab Toast
- Spicy Chipotle Guacamole with Homemade Tortilla Chips
Greek Hummus Phyllo Bites
- 15 phyllo cups thawed
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes diced
- 1 tablespoon black olives sliced
- 1 tablespoon feta cheese crumbled
- 1/2 tablespoon parsley chopped
- Scoop a spoonful of hummus into each phyllo cup.
- Top with tomatoes, black olives, feta cheese and parsley.
- Serve immediately!