Breakfast Pita Pizza is a delicious take on classic pizza, featuring a toasted pita bread crust topped with breakfast-friendly ingredients for a hearty and satisfying breakfast! Top it off with scrambled eggs, cheese, bacon, and serve with your favorite salsa or hot sauce!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below & we'll send it straight to your inbox! You will also receive other new recipes in your inbox weekly!
Breakfast Pita Pizza
Meet my new breakfast obsession: breakfast pita pizza! With a crispy pita crust, fluffy scrambled eggs, creamy cheddar cheese, and crispy bacon, this pizza has all the best flavors of breakfast in one personal size mini pizza!
I made this classic breakfast pizza with bacon, eggs and cheese. But you can switch up the ingredients to make this pizza exactly how you like it! If you prefer sausage, go for it. Or if you are vegetarian, top it will all your favorite veggies!
I like to serve these topped with some fresh herbs like parsley and chives. Then drizzle some hot sauce or homemade salsa on top for added flavor!
- Pitas: For ease, you can use store-bought pitas! We’ve also made these with naan bread and they work great!
- Butter: I like to cook the eggs in butter, but you can use whatever oil or spray you prefer!
- Eggs: I use 1 egg per pita pizza. If you prefer, you can use egg whites!
- Cheddar Cheese: It wouldn’t be a pizza without cheese! I love using sharp cheddar cheese or American cheese.
- Bacon: Crispy bacon is best here!
- Parsley: For garnish, if desired.
- Salt & Pepper: To taste!
How To Make breakfast pizza
- Toast Pitas: Preheat the oven to BROIL. Place the pitas directly on the oven rack and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side, making sure to keep an eye on them so they don’t get too golden brown. Remove them from the oven and preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook Eggs: Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add in whisked eggs and scramble until almost cooked (I like to cook them about 80% of the way because they continue to cook in the oven).
- Cook the Bacon: Crisp up the bacon in a pan until desired crispiness.
- Assemble: Lay out the pitas on a baking sheet line with parchment paper. Brush the remaining tablespoon of butter onto the toasted pitas. Top with cheese (1/3 cup for each pizza), bacon and eggs.
- Cook Pizza: Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Top with fresh parsley and a sprinkle of salt and pepper and serve immediately!
Tips For Success
- Switch it up! You can really make these breakfast pita pizzas exactly how you like them. Make a veggie pizza with tomatoes, bell peppers, and mushrooms. Or, add sausage instead of bacon!
- Don’t over bake! You want the pitas to be slightly crispy from being broiled, but you don’t want to over bake the eggs once they are on the pita! Bake until the cheese is bubbly!
- For a healthier pita breakfast pizza, use a whole wheat pita, egg whites and turkey bacon!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make breakfast pita pizzas ahead of time?
These pita pizzas are best eaten on the day they are made, however, you can totally prep the ingredients ahead of time for ease! The day before you can crisp up the bacon or chop any veggies you want on top. Then, when you are ready in the morning you can whip these up in no time!
How should I store leftover pita pizzas?
You can store any leftover pizzas in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. It is best to reheat in the oven, air fryer or toaster oven to keep them crispy!
More Breakfast Recipes to Try
Breakfast Pita Pizza
- 4 pitas
- 2 tbsp softened unsalted butter, divided
- 4 large eggs, whisked
- 1 1/3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Toast pitas: Preheat oven to BROIL.Place pitas directly on the oven rack and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side making sure to keep an eye on them so they don't get too golden brown.Remove them from the oven and preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook eggs: Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a medium skillet over medium high heat.Add in whisked eggs and scramble until almost cooked (I like to cook them about 80% of the way because they continue to cook in the oven)
- Assemble pizza: Lay out the pitas on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.Brush the remaining tablespoon of butter onto the toasted pitas.
- Add Toppings: Top with cheese (1/3 cup for each pizza), bacon and eggs.
- Cook pizza: Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Top with fresh parsley and a sprinkle of salt and pepper and serve immediately!