Creamy, fluffy eggs meet their match with savory shredded hashbrowns in these Hashbrown Egg Cups! These high protein breakfast cups are easy to make and perfect for an on-the-go breakfast that is sure to keep you going strong throughout your day!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below & we'll send it straight to your inbox! You will also receive other new recipes in your inbox weekly!
Hashbrown Egg Cups
Egg cups are one of my favorite easy breakfasts to prepare at the beginning of the week in my meal prep sessions! They are so versatile, and you can add any of your favorite ingredients in them.
So this time, I decided I would make something a little heartier than my vegetarian egg cups or bacon egg cups! With the addition of shredded hash browns, these hash brown egg cups have the perfect balance of protein with a bit of carbs to keep you full of energy.
Not only are these breakfast egg cups super delicious, but they are really simple to whip up. Simply mix everything together and then let the oven do the rest of the work!
- Eggs: Use high quality eggs if you can for good cholesterol and better flavor! I like to use whole eggs in these hashbrown egg cups, but you can use just egg whites if you prefer!
- Bacon: I like to add cooked bacon to these for added flavor and protein. This can omitted for vegetarian egg cups! You could also use sausage or ham instead!
- Shredded Hashbrowns: Frozen shredded hashbrowns work well in these. The addition of potatoes makes these heartier and more filling!
- Garlic Powder & Onion Powder: To season them to perfection!
- Salt & Pepper: To taste.
- Whole Milk: I find that whole milk makes the eggs soft and fluffy!
- Onion: Chop it up nice and small for bites of flavor and texture!
- Cheddar Cheese: Cheese and eggs are a match made in heaven! I like to use cheddar cheese, but any of your favorite shredded cheese will work.
- Fresh Parsley: Adds a bright and herby flavor!
How to Make This REcipe
- Preheat & Prep: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a muffin tin with butter or nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Mix Together Ingredients: In a large bowl, combine eggs, bacon, hash browns, seasonings, milk, onion, cheese and parsley. Whisk to combine.
- Divide into Muffin Tin: Divide egg mixture between the muffin tin. I fill mine up about 2/3 of the way.
- Bake: Bake for 20 minutes or until they look set. Note that the cups do puff up then deflate when you remove them from the oven!
- Serve: Serve immediately or store in the fridge up to 5 days.
Tips for Success
- Make them spicy! Chop up some jalapeño or serrano pepper to a spicy variation. Or, add a dash of cayenne pepper to the mix!
- Make them leaner! To make low fat egg cups, omit the bacon and use just egg whites, no yolks! You will need about 16 egg whites in order to have enough volume, or you can use boxed egg whites.
- Be sure to prepare the muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray or butter to ensure that these egg cups don’t stick!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use freshly shredded potato as the hash browns?
Definitely! I used frozen hash browns for ease, but you can definitely shred a potato at home and use that instead!
How should I store leftover egg cups?
Store any leftover egg cups in the fridge for up to 5 days! Reheat in the microwave until heated through.
Can I freeze hashbrown egg cups?
Absolutely! To freeze, store in a freezer safe container for up to 6 months. To reheat from frozen, wrap them in a damp paper towel and microwave for about a minute or so.
More Breakfast Recipes to Try
- Easy Breakfast Bake
- Granola Cups
- Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
- Mini Quiches
- Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches
Hashbrown Egg Cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a muffin tin with butter or with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.In a large bowl combine eggs, bacon, hash browns, seasonings, milk, onion, cheese and parsley. Whisk to combine.
- Divide egg mixture between the muffin tin. I fill mine up about 2/3 of the way.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until they look set. (Note the egg cups do puff up then deflate when you remove them from the oven)Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to 5 days.