Super Easy Breakfast Bake. Loaded with sausage, bell peppers, cheese, eggs and bread. The perfect make ahead breakfast!
You can always substitute whatever meat or veggies you have on hand. Bacon or ham would be awesome in this!
All you need is 20 minutes of prep time to make this easy breakfast casserole. I like to toast the bread before adding it to the casserole to keep it from getting soggy. You could also leave it out the night before to harden.
Next brown the sausage and bell peppers in a skillet and layer them into a casserole dish with the cubed bread, eggs and cheese.
Store the casserole in the fridge until you are ready to serve. When you are ready to eat preheat the oven to 325 degrees and bake for 50 minutes or until set and fully cooked.
Serve immediately and enjoy!!
Easy Breakfast Bake
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound sausage
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ green bell pepper, diced
- 10 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 6 cups cubed bread (I used brioche rolls)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- green onion for garnish, if desired
- Grease a 9 x 13 pan with nonstick cooking spray, set aside.
- Add sausage to a large skillet and cook over medium high heat until fully cooked and no longer pink. Remove from the pan and set aside. Drain any excess fat.
- Add bell pepper to the same pan and sauté until tender, 2-3 minutes, set aside.
- Layer the bread in the prepared baking pan and top with sausage and bell pepper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and seasonings.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over casserole. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Refrigerate overnight or bake immediately.
- When your ready to eat preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Bake uncovered for 50-55 minutes or until the eggs look set.
- Serve immediately with green onions, if desired.
NotesAdapted from My Baking Addiction