Easy Breakfast Bake
Super Easy Breakfast Bake. Loaded with sausage, bell peppers, cheese, eggs and bread. The perfect make ahead breakfast bake!
Easy Breakfast Bake
This is the perfect make ahead breakfast for the weekend or for breakfast prep for the week! I loaded this breakfast casserole with lots of sausage, shredded cheese, eggs, bread and bell peppers. It makes the perfect casserole to bring to parties or to serve during the holiday season. This casserole feeds a crowd between 8-10 servings. It’s also super easy to prep. All you need is 20 minutes to throw together this egg casserole.
What I love most about this breakfast egg bake is how easy it is to customize. You can always substitute whatever meat or veggies you have on hand. Bacon or ham would be awesome in this! Here’s what you’ll need to make it:
Ingredients for Easy Breakfast Bake
- Unsalted Butter
- Sausage: Feel free to use your favorite type of breakfast meat or omit to make the casserole vegetarian.
- Bell Pepper: I use a mix of green and red bell pepper for extra color. Substitute whatever vegetables you have on hand. Onions, tomatoes, mushrooms and zucchini would all be amazing in this.
- Eggs: We need 10 eggs for this breakfast bake.
- Milk: I used 2%
- Spices: Salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder are added.
- Bread: I use cubed brioche bread
- Cheese: I love using sharp cheddar cheese in this casserole however gruyere, pepper jack or Colby jack cheese would also be great.
How to make a breakfast casserole
Brown Sausage: Start by sautéing sausage in a large skillet and cook over medium high heat until fully cooked and no longer pink. Remove from the pan and set aside. Drain any excess fat.
Saute Peppers: Add bell pepper to the same pan and sauté until tender, 2-3 minutes, set aside.
Assemble: Layer the bread in the prepared baking pan and top with sausage and bell pepper. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and seasonings. Pour egg mixture evenly over casserole. Sprinkle with cheese. Refrigerate overnight or bake immediately.
Bake: When your ready to eat preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Bake uncovered for 50-55 minutes or until the eggs look set.
Serve: immediately with green onions and enjoy!
Can you make breakfast casserole ahead of time?
Yes! This recipe can be made ahead or time and stored in the fridge overnight.
Can you freeze breakfast casserole?
You can freeze the unbaked casserole in an airtight container for up to 2 months. When you are ready to eat thaw it overnight in the fridge then bake!
What to serve with this Easy Breakfast Bake
Serve this casserole with a fruit salad, hash browns, or a side of bacon or ham. I always love to serve a savory and a sweet option for brunch parties so I always include my Overnight Blueberry French Toast Bake, my French Toast Muffin Cups or my Baked Oatmeal!
Here are more Make Ahead Breakfast Recipes!
- French Toast Muffin Cups
- Easy Breakfast Bake
- Healthy Baked Oatmeal
- Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
Easy Breakfast Bake
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound sausage
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper diced
- 10 eggs lightly beaten
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 6 cups cubed bread I used brioche rolls
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- green onion for garnish if desired
- Grease a 9 x 13 pan with nonstick cooking spray, set aside.
- Add sausage to a large skillet and cook over medium high heat until fully cooked and no longer pink. Remove from the pan and set aside. Drain any excess fat.
- Add bell pepper to the same pan and sauté until tender, 2-3 minutes, set aside.
- Layer the bread in the prepared baking pan and top with sausage and bell pepper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and seasonings.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over casserole. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Refrigerate overnight or bake immediately.
- When your ready to eat preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Bake uncovered for 50-55 minutes or until the eggs look set.
- Serve immediately with green onions, if desired.
Adapted from My Baking Addiction