My 5-minute, berry spinach smoothie recipe is packed with protein and super easy to make! Perfectly blended with your favorite berries, banana slices, and spinach, this thick and creamy smoothie is loaded with nutrients and great fuel to start your day or recover post-workout.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below & we'll send it straight to your inbox! You will also receive other new recipes in your inbox weekly!
Berry Spinach Smoothie
My family loves smoothies! They are a great way to add in extra vegetables and fruit into your diet and kids love them! We have a few smoothie recipes we keep in rotation (like this oatmeal smoothie) but this Spinach Berry Smoothie is always top of the list! You would never know this smoothie is packed with tons of fruit and veggies!
We always have the ingredients on hand or in the freezer to make this smoothie. If you don’t have fresh berries frozen works and I always swap out some of the fruit for ones in season or that I have on hand.
Not only are smoothies healthy and the best compliment to any diet or exercise routine, but they are also great immunity boosters. My berry spinach smoothie is packed with fiber, antioxidants, vitamins and protein.
So start your day strong and grab a healthier alternative for your midday snack! The combination of sweet berries and spinach makes this refreshing smoothie the perfect snack or meal alternative, and it takes less time to make than a sandwich! Pour your ingredients into the blender, and have your smoothie ready in just 60 seconds.
Looking for more Healthy Breakfast Recipes? Then try my Protein Packed Energy Bites!
- Greek yogurt
- Soy milk
How to make a Berry Spinach Smoothie
- Prep. I like to slice my strawberries and banana before adding them to the blender for my berry spinach smoothie. Usually I quarter the strawberries then cut the banana into small chunks.
- Combine. Add all of your ingredients — the strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, spinach, banana, Greek yogurt and milk — to the blender. It’s important to note that my recipe makes about 2 smoothies! If you only need one, prep everything and freeze half of your ingredients in a Ziplock bag. Just like that, you’ll have a homemade smoothie mix ready for the next time you get a craving.
- Blend. Pulse the smoothie for 30 seconds, stop to stir, then pulse for an additional 30 seconds. Don’t skip the “stop and stir” — this is what’s going to ensure your smoothie texture is just right and everything gets evenly blended.
- Enjoy. Pour the very berry spinach smoothie into your favorite glass and serve immediately! You can also freeze or refrigerate your smoothie (or leftovers) until ready to serve.
Tips for making the perfect smoothie
- Use frozen produce. You can use frozen fruit and veggies for this berry spinach smoothie. I always try to freeze extra berries during the summer months and place them in Ziplock baggies in the freezer — that way, when it’s winter and out of season, I can still enjoy the sweetness of summer berries.
- Make ahead. For my on-the-go, “no time for breakfast” friends out there, this smoothie recipe is super easy to make the night before and refrigerate until ready to drink. All you have to do in the morning is grab your pre-made berry spinach smoothie, give it a nice shake, and enjoy. Trust me, you will thank your “night before” self so much!
- Meal prep. I like to prep all of my smoothie ingredients, portion them out into individual Ziplock bags, then freeze. When it’s time for a smoothie, just pour the homemade frozen mix into the blender and press “Pulse.” It doesn’t get much easier than that!
frequently asked questions
Is this smoothie gluten-free?
This berry spinach smoothie is gluten free with no added sugar. The bananas and fruit add just enough sweetness to this smoothie.
Did you add ice to this smoothie?
No ice is added to this smoothie. Just berries, spinach, Greek yogurt and milk.
Can I make this vegan?
Definitely! Simply substitute the Greek yogurt and milk with your favorite vegan alternatives or leave the dairy products out altogether. I personally love to use almond milk and almond yogurt when I want to go dairy-free.
Here are more delicious smoothie recipes to try!
- Healthy Berry Yogurt Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Smoothie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Pumpkin Banana Smoothie
Very Berry Spinach Smoothie
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender.
- Pulse for 30 seconds, stir and pulse for an additional 30 seconds.
- Pour into two glasses and serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.