Super Easy 5 Minute Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie. A healthy smoothie that tastes like dessert! The perfect way to start your day.
Smoothies that are healthy AND taste good are the best! One’s that require a spoon instead of a straw are even better. The combination of peanut butter and chocolate make this smoothie extremely decadent. It tastes more like a milkshake than a smoothie.
Smoothies are the perfect breakfast or snack on the go. Loaded with protein and fiber to keep you full and focused throughout the day.
Thick, creamy and rich, this smoothie tastes more like dessert than a healthy snack. It’s a great replacement when you are craving something sweet without the guilt.
This recipe makes one smoothie. However it can easily be doubled or tripled. I like to make a large batch and keep it in the fridge for busy mornings.
To make this Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie simply add the banana, cocoa powder, soy milk, peanut butter, flax seed and chocolate protein powder to a blender and pulse. Pour into a tall glass and enjoy!
You can always substitute regular milk or almond milk for the soy. If you don’t have any milk on hand substitute Greek yogurt and a bit of ice instead.
Here’s where all the protein is coming from:
- 1 cup of Soy Milk = 6 grams of protein
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of Peanut Butter = 6 grams of protein
- 1 whole Banana = 1.2 grams of protein
- Chocolate Protein Powder = About 10 grams of protein (depending on brand)
- 1 tablespoon Flax Seed = 1.9 grams of protein
View my full list of breakfast recipes!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie
- 1 tablespoon flax seed
- 1½ tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 whole banana
- 1 cup silk vanilla soy milk
- 2 tablespoons chocolate protein powder
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender. Pulse for 30 seconds or until combined. Scrape sides to make sure everything is mixed together.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat.