This Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie recipe comes together in only 5 minutes and tastes like you’re having dessert for breakfast. It’s the perfect way to start your day!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below & we'll send it straight to your inbox! You will also receive other new recipes in your inbox weekly!
Easy Homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie (with Protein!)
If you’ve been following this blog for long, you probably known that I love my smoothies. I’ve posted a Pumpkin Smoothie, my favorite Green Smoothie and a Berry Smoothie with Yogurt, just to name a few. They’re the perfect breakfast or snack on the go and are loaded with protein and fiber to keep you full and focused throughout the day.
Smoothies that are healthy and taste good are the best! And the ones that require a spoon instead of a straw are even better. The combination of peanut butter and chocolate make this smoothie extremely decadent. It tastes more like a milkshake than a smoothie. And with ingredients like flax seeds, bananas, and soy milk in addition to the chocolate and peanut butter, you get all of the flavor with none of the guilt!
This recipe makes one smoothie, but it can easily be doubled or tripled for meal-prep. I like to make a large batch and keep it in the fridge for busy mornings.
If you like peanut butter and chocolate then you will love my Energy Balls Recipe!
Chocolate Smoothie Ingredients
This Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie recipe is packed with protein from every ingredient. Here’s how that breaks down:
- 1 cup of Soy Milk = 6 grams of protein
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of Peanut Butter = 6 grams of protein
- Chocolate Protein Powder = About 10 grams of protein (depending on brand)
- 1 whole Banana = 1.2 grams of protein
- 1 tablespoon Flax Seed = 1.9 grams of protein
How To Make a Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie
You can always substitute regular milk or almond milk for the soy. If you don’t have any milk on hand, substitute Greek yogurt and a bit of ice instead.
- Add some greens! Spinach, kale, or arugula would work well with this recipe and be easily hidden by the chocolate and peanut butter.
- Swap the chocolate chips for dark chocolate to make it even healthier.
- Add more fruit! Strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries would be delicious additions.
- Add some old fashioned rolled oats, chia seeds, raw nuts, or nut flour like almond or coconut for extra protein and fiber.
- Use a frozen banana (and any extra frozen fruit) to keep it cold without watering it down as it thaws.
- Add ice to make it more like a milkshake!
- Add a bit of coffee, espresso powder, or matcha powder to make this a caffeinated smoothie.
- Freeze it in a popsicle mold to make a fun and healthy ice cream alternative that’s easy to handle and eat. (Perfect for kids!)
Storage and Freezing Instructions
This Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein recipe only makes one smoothie, but you can make extra to feed your family! And you can also use this smoothie recipe to meal prep by storing leftovers in individual containers or mason jars to drink throughout the week. Just store in the fridge for up to 4 days!
You can also freeze this smoothie to blend later by pouring it up into an ice cube tray and re-blending as you need. You may just need to add a splash of milk or water to get it going.
More Smoothie Recipes To Try
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Berry Yogurt Smoothie
- Pumpkin Banana Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Smoothie
- Berry Spinach Smoothie
Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender. Pulse for 30 seconds or until combined. Scrape sides to make sure everything is mixed together.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat.