This Strawberry Banana Smoothie recipe is light, refreshing, and made with simple ingredients like vanilla soy milk, strawberries and bananas. This is the perfect Summer breakfast, lunch, or a post-workout snack! All you need is 4 ingredients and 5 minutes to make this smoothie!
Homemade Strawberry Banana Smoothie
I love a good smoothie! They’re refreshing and a great snack or breakfast on the go. But hitting up your favorite smoothie shop each week can get expensive. That’s why I love making my smoothies at home. They’re so simple, and with a little planning can be an easy addition to your daily routine.
Homemade smoothies are also a great way to use up any extra produce you have on hand — that bunch of frozen, overripe bananas you’ve been hoarding for way too long. (No judgement; I do the same thing!) And making your smoothie at home allows you to better control the amount of sugar in it. It’s easy to think you’re making a healthy choice when you purchase a smoothie at a restaurant. However, I’ve been shocked to see the amount of calories I was taking in with what I thought was a healthy snack.
This Strawberry Banana Smoothie is made with no added sweeteners. Just the sweetness from the strawberries, bananas, and your favorite milk!
I recommend using a high powered blender to make this smoothie. I have the ninja smoothie and it works great for creating a thick, lump free smoothie!
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Ingredients
- Strawberries: I like to use fresh strawberries for my strawberry banana smoothie. They add so much natural sweetness and flavor! If using frozen strawberries make sure to thaw before adding to the smoothie or it will be super thick!
- Banana: I like using frozen bananas in this smoothie. It keeps the smoothie extra thick, and it’s the perfect excuse to use up all those overripe bananas on your counter or in your freezer! If you do not like banana, then I would suggest substituting the banana with greek yogurt.
- Soy Milk: Almond milk, cashew milk, oat milk, or regular milk can be substituted. I like the vanilla variety, but you can just use regular or plain.
- Ice: Filtered and crushed, if possible, to reduce chances for chunks, but any ice will do. For a thicker less drinkable smoothie omit the ice.
How To Make a Strawberry Banana Smoothie
To make the Strawberry Banana Smoothie start by adding strawberries, banana, your favorite milk and ice cubes to a blender with the blade attachment.
Pulse for 30 seconds then, stir, and blend again until smooth and creamy. If the mixture is too thick thin it out with some water or extra milk. If it isn’t thick enough add more fruit! When you have it to your desired consistency pout into a glass and enjoy! Garnish with banana and strawberry slices if your feeling fancy!
How can I make my smoothie blend better?
The trick to a smooth lump free smoothie is the order in which you put your ingredients!
- Liquid: I always put my milk in first! This helps the blender do it’s job easier and ensures the smoothie gets thoroughly mixed.
- Fruit / Vegetables: Next add in your fruit and or vegetables!
- Ice: (If using): Goes in at the end. This helps to push the rest of the ingredients closer to the blade and keeps things from getting stuck.
Note: If you are using a personal blender do this order in reverse!
- Want some protein? Add some plain Greek yogurt, raw nuts (like almonds or walnuts), or flax/chia seeds. You could even add a scoop of your favorite protein powder!
- Incorporate some raw veggies! Spinach is easily hidden in this smoothie, but broccoli, celery, or carrots would be good, too!
- Add some more fruit! Apples, more frozen berries, or kiwi would be great here.
- Add a splash of pure vanilla extract for added flavor!
- Sweeten the smoothie up even more with a splash of agave, honey or maple syrup.
Storage and Freezing Instructions
This Strawberry Banana Smoothie is best enjoyed fresh, but you can store leftovers in the fridge for a couple hours if needed. You can also freeze this prepared smoothie in an ice cube tray or freezer-safe container. Just re-blend it before enjoying later.
More Smoothie Recipes to try!
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie
- Healthy Berry Yogurt Smoothie
- Healthy Baked Oatmeal
- Berry Spinach Smoothie
- Pumpkin Banana Smoothie
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to leave a review! This helps other readers and my website! I love to hear your feedback!
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
A refreshing healthy Strawberry Banana Smoothie made with vanilla soy milk, strawberries, and bananas in less than 5 minutes!
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup vanilla soy milk
- 1/2 cup ice
- Combine banana, strawberries, soy milk, ice and honey in a blender.
- Pulse for about 30 seconds then stir, scraping down the sides of the blender. Pulse for another 30 seconds until smooth and creamy.