Breakfast Cookies loaded with oats, peanut butter and chocolate chips. Wonderful for breakfast or as a healthy protein packed snack!
What better way to start you day then with a cookie. Especially one you don’t have to feel guilty about!
These Breakfast cookies are loaded with healthy ingredients that will keep you full throughout the day. There is no butter or oil in these cookies just healthy natural ingredients.
To sweeten the cookies I add a bit of maple syrup and a little brown sugar. You can substitute honey in place of the maple syrup if you prefer.
For protein and fiber I add in old fashioned oats and peanut butter. Both of these ingredients give you a quick energy boost and help to keep your full throughout the day.
How to make Breakfast Cookies
These breakfast cookies are super easy to make. 20 minutes and two bowls is all that is needed. No mixed required! To make these breakfast cookies combine the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet ingredients in another. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Portion out heaping tablespoon cookies onto a baking sheet lined with a silicon mat. Smash the cookie down to flatten it out. (Cookies do not puff up or spread a lot in the oven) Bake for 9-10 minutes or until slightly browned and they appear firm. Cool for a couple of minutes on the baking sheet and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
The best thing about these cookies is that you can experiment with some of the ingredients. I like to add in flax seed or wheat germ to the cookies if I have them on hand. Nuts, dried fruit, shredded coconut can also be added.
Here are more breakfast recipes to try!
- Super Easy Breakfast Bake
- Overnight Blueberry French Toast Bake
- The BEST Zucchini Muffins
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
- 2 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine oats, flour, cinnamon, baking soda and chocolate chips in a large bowl.
- Combine peanut butter, apple sauce, maple syrup, brown sugar and egg in a medium bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- On a baking sheet lined with a silicon baking mat or parchment paper, portion out heaping tablespoon cookies. Smash the cookie down to flatten it out. (Cookies do not puff up or spread a lot in the oven)
- Bake for 9-10 minutes or until slightly browned and they appear firm.
- Cool for a couple of minutes on the baking sheet and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.