This Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Mug Cookie comes together in less than 5 minutes! This is a single serving cookie that’s made in the microwave that’s perfect for when your sweet tooth strikes. This mug cookie is dangerously easy!
Homemade Mug Cookies (for When Your Sweet Tooth Strikes)
Have you ever had that late-night chocolate craving only to realize you didn’t have anything sweet to eat at the ready? (This was the motivation behind my 5 minute chocolate sauce) We’ve all been there, and I’ve got just the fix for you!
I gladly present to you my Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Mug! You will be eating this cookie in less than 5 minutes time. So get up off the couch, and make this for dessert now!
The ingredients are similar to a peanut butter chocolate chip cookie — unsalted butter, brown and white sugar, an egg yolk, vanilla extract, creamy peanut butter, milk, chocolate chips, and all-purpose flour except that I shrunk it down in size and cooked it in the microwave instead of the oven. (No preheating or greasing necessary!) I also omitted the baking powder and baking soda due to the fact we are cooking it in the microwave and for only a short period of time.
These peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies in a cup are so simple to make and will satisfy any sweet tooth. This is the perfect dessert for one! (Or make two or three to feed a crowd! Just prepare one cookie per mug.)
You can omit the chocolate chips if you’re in a strictly peanut butter mood!
How To Make a Mug Cookie with Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chips
- Melt 1 tablespoons butter in a microwave safe coffee mug.
- Add in both sugars and mix to combine. Mixture will be a bit runny that is fine.
- Add in the wet ingredients — egg yolk, peanut butter, and a drop of vanilla extract.
- Fold in flour. Consistency should be similar to a regular batch of cookies. If batter is too thin add a bit more flour.
- Mix in semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Cook in the microwave for 45-60 seconds, and let stand for 2 minutes. The cookie will continue to cook as it cools.
- Serve with ice cream, and watch it melt into your cookie. Grab a spoon, dig in, and enjoy!
We do not recommend storing this microwave cookie because it only makes one serving (and, trust us, there won’t be any leftovers!). Just prepare fresh whenever the craving strikes.
What To Serve with Mug Cookies
- A scoop of your favorite ice cream
- Whipped cream
- Sweetened cream
- Chopped nuts or dried fruit
- Fresh fruit or berries
- Chocolate sauce
- A glass of cold milk
- Melted peanut butter
- Chopped candy bars
- Chocolate mousse
More Easy Cookie Recipes To Try
- Brownie Cookies
- Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Carrot Cake Cookies
- Breakfast Cookies
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Mug Cookie
A perfect peanut butter and chocolate chip cookie in less than 5 minutes! This is a perfect single serve cookie that is made in the microwave!
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- Drop of vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 1/2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp semi sweet chocolate chips
- Begin by melting butter in the microwave. This usually takes about 30-45 seconds. Stir in brown sugar and granulated sugar, mix until combined.
- Add in egg yolk, vanilla extract, peanut butter and milk and mix until combined.
- Next fold in the flour and then the chocolate chips.
- Place cookie in the microwave and cook for 45 seconds to a minute on full power. If cookie still looks too runny or undercooked let it go a bit longer. Keep in mind the cookie will continue to cook as it cools. Take cookie out of the microwave and let sit for 2 minutes then serve!