These soft and chewy Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies are loaded with dark chocolate chips and creamy Nutella. These cookies will melt in your mouth! They’re a great addition to your cookie rotation, especially around the holidays.
Why You’ll Love These Cookies
Warning: If you are a chocolate lover, then this could be dangerous! These Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies are loaded with creamy Nutella and dark chocolate chips. They are extremely addicting! My batch of cookies did not last a day in my house and there are only two of us. (No shame here!)
This is my standard cookie recipe. I add in variations like creamy peanut butter, chocolate candies, M & M’s and now Nutella! Here’s why you’ll love them:
- The Nutella. If you have not had Nutella before you must give it a try. It is a rich creamy spread loaded with chocolate and hazelnuts. If I am in the mood for something sweet, I always reach for a spoonful Nutella. Just a few spoonfuls of Nutella are enough to satisfy my sweet tooth.
- They’re dense and wonderfully soft. These Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies are almost brownie like. They come out warm, fudgey and loaded with chocolate. These cookies will disappear before your eyes. I know you’ll love them!
- The texture. The cookies are slightly under baked to give them the soft chewy texture inside.
- This recipe makes a little over two dozen cookies. I portioned them out with a tablespoon. I quickly rolled them into balls and placed on parchment paper. You do not need to grease the parchment or the baking sheet.
- You will be eating these cookies in less than 30 minutes including baking time!
Serve these cookies with some hot chocolate, a glass of ice cold milk, or a scoop of your favorite ice cream, and you’re set!
- Unsalted butter (softened to room temperature)
- Brown sugar (light or dark)
- White granulated sugar
- Baking soda
- All-purpose flour
- Dark chocolate chips (can also use semisweet or milk chocolate)
How To Make This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- First, combine the wet ingredients. Add butter and both sugars to a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Cream for 4 minutes until that mixture is light and fluffy. Add in Nutella, and mix for another minute or until combined. Add in egg, and mix to combine.
- Combine the baking soda and flour in a separate bowl. In two parts, add the dry ingredients on low mixing in between each addition.
- Fold in the dark chocolate chips.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon of batter and roll into a. Place cookies on a baking sheet with a silicon mat or parchment paper to prevent sticking. Place in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow to cool on a wire wrack for a couple of minutes. Enjoy!
Can I Freeze These Cookies?
Absolutely! These Nutella chocolate chip cookies freeze wonderfully either baked or unbaked. Just follow these directions before freezing:
- To freeze baked cookies: Simply store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- To freeze raw dough: Portion out individual cookies and place on a baking sheet to harden for an hour. Then, store the cookie dough balls in a Ziplock bag in the freezer for up to 3 months. When you are ready to eat take out as many cookies as you want and allow them to come to room temperature while the oven preheats. Bake as directed, and enjoy!
Can I make these ahead of time?
Definitely! The cookie dough can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days before baking. It’s actually best to let the dough sit for at least 30 minutes or overnight before baking. This helps the ingredients come together and makes for a more flavorful cookie. Allow the dough to come to room temperature while the oven preheats.
Short on time? Then try my chocolate chip cookie in a mug!
More Cookie Recipes To Try
Craving more chocolate? Try some of my favorite desserts!
- Brownie Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Mug Cookie
- Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Skillet Cookie
- Breakfast Cookies
- Peanut Butter Reese’s and Chocolate Chip Cookies
Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup Nutella
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.Add butter and both sugars to a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Cream for 4 minutes until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add in Nutella and mix for another minute or until combined.Add in egg. Mix to combine.
- Combine baking soda and flour in a separate bowl.
- In two parts add the dry ingredients on low mixing in between each addition.Fold in the chocolate chips by hand using a rubber spatula.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon sized cookies on to the prepared baking sheets.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies look set. I always like to under bake my cookies to keep them soft and chewy!Allow to cool on a wire wrack for a couple of minutes. Enjoy!