Quick and Easy Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies. These cookies are super thick, melt in your mouth and can be made in 20 minutes or less!
Peanut Butter Cookies are one of my favorite to eat and to prepare. They are super easy to make, come out very cute, and I always have the ingredients on hand. Peanut Butter just seems to make everything better.
This is an old fashioned, simple, classic, no frills recipe for one of the best Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies you will ever have.
Crisp and golden brown on the outside. These cookies are a beautiful cross between a peanut butter cookie and a sugar cookie. I roll the individual cookies in sugar before baking. I also sprinkle a little extra sugar after they are out of the oven.
You will be eating these cookies in less than 20 minutes! If you are a fan of peanut butter like myself you will love these cookies.
I slightly under baked the cookies to get the soft, chewy center. Melt in your mouth on the inside and firm on the edges. Just how I like my cookies.
These cookies are made with creamy peanut butter, unsalted butter, a mix of brown and white sugar. A pinch of salt, baking soda and flour are added. I added brown sugar for a chewier texture and more flour for a thicker cookie.
You will get about 16 cookies total from this recipe.
To make these Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies start by creaming butter and both sugars with a paddle attachment. Add in creamy peanut butter, a whole egg and vanilla extract. Mix again then fold in dry ingredients. Done! Portion out cookies and roll in the sugar. Place on a silicon baking mat and mark cookies with a fork for the crisscross on top.
Cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-5 days (if they last that long). You can always freeze the cookies for up to 3-4 months.
Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter 1 stick, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 whole egg
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment cream butter and both sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add in peanut butter and mix for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in egg and vanilla. Mix until combined and clump free.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda in a small bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the batter in two parts with the stand mixer on the lowest speed. Mix for a little less than a minute. Do not over mix.
- Portion dough into 16 cookies.
- Add sugar to a small bowl.
- Roll each cookie in the sugar and place on a silicone baking mat on top of a baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes until lightly golden brown and firm on the edges.
- Remove from the oven and let set for 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-5 days (if they last that long). You can always freeze the cookies for up to 3-4 months.
Original recipe from chefsavvy.com. Please do not publish my recipe or pictures without linking back to the original post. Thank you!