Soft and chewy Peanut Butter Reese’s and Chocolate Chip Cookies. Ultra thick cookie loaded with tons of dark chocolate chips.
This is not your typical chocolate chip cookie. This cookie is loaded with dark chocolate chips and crushed mini Reese’s. Smooth peanut butter is added to give the cookies a wonderful smooth texture. If you are a chocolate lover you will love this cookie!
I slightly under bake the cookies to give them the doughy softness I love. Some people prefer a thin crisp cookie and I am not one of them.
This cookie starts with a standard cookie recipe, butter, sugar, egg, flour and leavener. I opted for brown sugar versus white. White sugar can make a cookie crispier whereas brown sugar helps moisten the cookie.
These cookies are incredibly easy to make. Simply cream your butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in peanut butter, vanilla, and eggs. Fold in dry ingredients, chocolate chips and Reese’s and your done!
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 12-15 minutes. I like to use a silicon baking mat to bake my cookies on. I spoon out 1 tablespoon of batter and roll it out with my wet hands.
Some important tips for making the best cookies. Make sure to start with softened butter. If you start will chilled butter you will end up with chunks of butter in your batter. We want our batter to be nice and creamy. Melted butter makes the cookies too greasy for my liking. Also do not over mix the cookie batter. Over mixing will make the cookies tough and chewy.
This recipe make a little over a dozen cookies. Make extra and freeze the rest. The cookies will stay fresh at room temperature for up to a week.
If you don’t want to make a huge batch of cookies try my Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Mug Cookie. Everything you love about this cookie in a personal portion. Trust me this can be dangerous.
These cookies take about 35 minutes to make start to finish.
Craving more desserts? Check out my full recipe index of desserts! Enjoy!
Peanut Butter Reese's and Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- 1 whole egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup mini Reese's peanut butter cups
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add butter and brown sugar to a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Cream for 4 minutes until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add in peanut butter and mix for another 2 minutes or until combined.
- Mix in egg and vanilla.
- Combine baking soda and flour in a separate bowl.
- In two parts add the dry ingredients on low mixing in between each addition.
- Fold in the Reese's and chocolate chips.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon of batter and roll into a ball with slightly wet hands.
- Place cookies on a baking sheet with a silicon mat to prevent sticking. You do not need to grease this.
- Place in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Allow to cool on wire wrack for a couple of minutes. Enjoy!