These chocolate-dipped chewy peanut butter cookies are topped with sea salt and crushed nuts. And best of all, they’re ready in less than 30 minute from start to finish. Perfect for serving or gifting during the holidays!
Why You’ll Love These Cookies
I didn’t think peanut butter cookies could get any better until now. I dipped my favorite Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies in semisweet chocolate and coated them in nuts, pretzels, and sea salt. Is this the best decision I’ve ever made? Maybe. Definitely top 10.
These cookies are AMAZING! Perfectly chewy, soft and the perfect combination of sweet and salty.
I slightly under baked the cookies to get the soft, chewy center. They’re melt-in-your-mouth soft on the inside and firm and slightly crisp around the edges. Just how I like my cookies!
These chocolate-dipped chewy peanut butter cookies are made with creamy peanut butter, unsalted butter, a mix of brown and white sugar. A pinch of salt, baking soda and flour are also added. I added brown sugar for a chewier texture and more flour for a thicker cookie.
This chocolate peanut butter cookie recipe makes a dozen pretty large sized cookies. You can always make them a bit smaller to get more than a dozen. I love giving these as gifts for Christmas and New Year’s!
- Butter (softened to room temperature)
- Brown sugar (light or dark will work)
- Granulated sugar
- Creamy peanut butter
- An egg (also at room temperature)
- Pure vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Coconut oil
- Semisweet chocolate chips
- Sea salt (for garnish)
- Chopped pecans
How to make Chocolate Dipped Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
- Preheat oven: To 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Make the cookie dough: In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment cream butter and both sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add in peanut butter and mix for 1-2 minutes. Add in egg and vanilla. Mix until combined and clump free. Combine flour, salt and baking soda in a small bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the batter in two parts with the stand mixer on the lowest speed. Mix for a little less than a minute. Do not over mix.
- Portion dough: Into 12-16 cookies depending on how big you want them.
- Roll in sugar: Add sugar to a small bowl. Roll each cookie in the sugar and place on top of the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake: Cookies for 10 minutes until lightly golden brown and firm on the edges.
- Cool: Remove from the oven and let set for 3-4 minutes.Transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Dip cookies in chocolate: Melt chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl. Dip cookies into melted chocolate one at a time and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Top with pretzel, sea salt, or crushed nuts.
- Refrigerate: Place in the refrigerator to set and enjoy!
- Store leftover cooked and cooled cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. Or store leftover dough in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- Freeze the raw chewy peanut butter cookie dough in an airtight freezer-safe plastic bag for up o 3 months. I prefer to roll the dough into balls to freeze them so I can portion out however many cookies I want later on. You can also freeze the cooked and chocolate-dipped cookies in a freezer-safe plastic bag for up to 3 months.
- Reheat by cooking the dough from chilled or frozen as directed in the recipe card.
Tips and Variations
- Change up the chocolate! You could use milk chocolate, white chocolate, or even dark chocolate.
- Make the festive for the holidays by adding Christmas sprinkles in place of the salt and chopped nuts.
- Use different nuts as garnish like almonds, cashews, pistachios, or peanuts.
- Make sure the cookies have completely cooled before dipping in the melted chocolate.
- And if you need to make the chocolate harden faster, then pop the dipped cookies in the freezer for a couple minutes.
- Serve with cold milk or a cup of hot chocolate!
More Cookie Recipes To Try
- Chewy Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Coconut Oil Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chewy Monster M & M Cookies
- Brown Butter Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Caramel-Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Dipped Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
- ½ cup butter 1 stick, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 whole egg
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⅓ cups all purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup sugar for rolling
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment cream butter and both sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add in peanut butter and mix for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in egg and vanilla. Mix until combined and clump free.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda in a small bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the batter in two parts with the stand mixer on the lowest speed. Mix for a little less than a minute. Do not over mix.
- Portion dough into 12-16 cookies depending on how big you want them.
- Add sugar to a small bowl.
- Roll each cookie in the sugar and place on a silicone baking mat on top of a baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes until lightly golden brown and firm on the edges.
- Remove from the oven and let set for 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil in a micorwave safe bowl.
- Dip cookies into melted chocolate one at a time and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Top with pretzel, sea salt, or crushed nuts.
- Place in the refrigerator to set and enjoy!