Chocolate Dipped Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies topped with sea salt and crushed nuts. Super easy to whip up a batch!
Thank you Bob’s Red Mill for sponsoring this post! All opinions and text are my own.
I didn’t think peanut butter cookies could get any better until now. I took my Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies and dipped them in semi sweet chocolate and coated them in nuts, pretzels and sea salt.
These cookies are AMAZING! Perfectly chewy, soft and the perfect combination of sweet and salty.
I slightly under baked the cookies to get the soft, chewy center. Melt in your mouth on the inside and firm and slightly crisp on the edges. Just how I like my cookies.
These cookies are made with creamy peanut butter, unsalted butter, a mix of brown and white sugar. A pinch of salt, baking soda and flour are also added. I added brown sugar for a chewier texture and more flour for a thicker cookie.
This recipe makes a dozen pretty large sized cookies. You can always make them a bit smaller to get more than a dozen.
I used Bob’s Red Mill Organic Unbleached All Purpose White Flour in my cookies. This flour is a staple for holiday baking. This flour is the same high protein flour used by professional bakers and produces high, well-textured loaves of bread equally as well as it produces light, airy baked goods. This kitchen staple is incredibly versatile and perfect for all of your baking needs.
Chocolate Dipped Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
- ½ cup butter 1 stick, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 whole egg
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⅓ cups all purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup sugar for rolling
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/2 semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment cream butter and both sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add in peanut butter and mix for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in egg and vanilla. Mix until combined and clump free.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda in a small bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the batter in two parts with the stand mixer on the lowest speed. Mix for a little less than a minute. Do not over mix.
- Portion dough into 12-16 cookies depending on how big you want them.
- Add sugar to a small bowl.
- Roll each cookie in the sugar and place on a silicone baking mat on top of a baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes until lightly golden brown and firm on the edges.
- Remove from the oven and let set for 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil in a micorwave safe bowl.
- Dip cookies into melted chocolate one at a time and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Top with pretzel, sea salt, or crushed nuts.
- Place in the refrigerator to set and enjoy!
Original recipe from chefsavvy.com. Please do not publish my recipe or pictures without linking back to the original post. Thank you!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.