Soft and Chewy Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies. These cookies are loaded with semi-sweet chocolate chips, crunchy pretzels, and an amazing caramel sauce! They are the perfect no-fuss cookies, and the cookie dough can be made ahead of time!
Sweet and salty. Is there anything better?! These salted caramel cookies with pretzels are sweet, salty, soft and chewy. They are everything you would want in a cookie!
Instead of stuffing the cookies with caramel candies I made my Easy Caramel Sauce and added it directly into the batter. The result is a super chewy cookie that is crisp around the edges and soft in the middle. They taste just like the Betty Crocker salted caramel cookie mix, but even better with the addition of pretzel pieces and chocolate chips!
This salted caramel chocolate chip pretzel cookies recipe is great for all occasions! Try them at cookouts, pot lucks, or even just because. These salted caramel chocolate chip cookies are also perfect for the holidays and Christmas cookie exchanges!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below & we'll send it straight to your inbox! You will also receive other new recipes in your inbox weekly!
The full ingredient list and measurements are listed in the printable recipe below.
- Chocolate Chips: This gives us the classic chocolate chip cookie taste we all love!
- Caramel Sauce: I made a batch of my caramel sauce and added it straight to the batter. The result is a super caramel tasting cookie with the perfect texture.
- Crushed Pretzels: Pretzels add a saltiness and crunch to the cookies.
- Sea Salt: Adding a touch of salt at the end really brings out all of the flavors.
- Brown Sugar: Substituting some of the white sugar with brown sugar makes the cookies extra soft and chewy. Perfect!
How to make this salted caramel chocolate chip cookie recipe:
- Mix the wet ingredients and sugar: Start by creaming the butter and both sugars with a paddle attachment in a stand mixer, and then add in a whole egg, vanilla extract, and the caramel sauce.
- Fold in the dry ingredients: Add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, along with the chocolate chips and crushed pretzels.
- Chill the dough: Chill the dough for at least an hour in the refrigerator. This ensures thicker cookies and actually allows the flavors to develop. Trust me it’s totally worth the effort!
- Bake & cool: Bake the cookies until they are golden on the edges. Allow them to cool and then sprinkle them with sea salt before serving. Enjoy!
Tips for making the BEST salted caramel pretzel chocolate chip cookies
- Chill the dough: I chilled the dough for an hour in the refrigerator. It really helps to develop the flavor of the cookies but this step is optional if you are short on time.
- Use brown sugar: Brown makes the cookies extra soft and chewy.
- Use sea salt: Sea salt has much more flavor than regular table salt, and can also be sprinkled in larger chunks. Sea salt caramel cookies are SO good! You could also try pink Himalayan salt for a fun twist!
How do I store these cookies?
Cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-5 days, if they last that long!
Can I make these salted caramel cookies ahead and freeze them?
Yes, these cookies also freeze really well too! Double the recipe and place the extra cookie dough in the freezer to enjoy later. The dough will keep for 3 months. When you’re ready to bake, allow it to thaw in the fridge overnight and then bake as per the instructions below.
Here are more chocolate chip cookie recipes to try!
- Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Thick Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies
- Coconut Oil Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies
Salted Caramel Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup crushed pretzels
- sea salt for sprinkling
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment add butter and both sugars. Mix until lighter in color and fluffy, (2-3 minutes).
- Add in vanilla and egg. Mix until combined. Make sure to scrap the sides of the bowl throughout.
- Pour in caramel and beat until incorporated.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the stand mixer in two parts.
- Fold the chocolate chips and the pretzels into the dough by hand.
- Place dough in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350, line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat.
- Portion rounded tablespoon size cookies onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven allow to cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and allow to cool before serving.
- Sprinkle with sea salt before serving and enjoy!