Soft and Chewy Salted Caramel Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies. These cookies are loaded with chocolate chips, pretzels and caramel sauce!
There is nothing better than the sweet and salty flavor combination. These cookies are sweet, salty, soft and chewy. They are everything you would want in a cookie!
Instead of stuffing the cookies with caramel candies I made my Easy Caramel Sauce and added it directly into the batter. The result is a super chewy cookie that is crisp around the edges and soft in the middle.
I chilled the dough for an hour. It really helps to develop the flavor of the cookies but is optional if you are short on time.
I also substituted part of the sugar for brown sugar. Brown makes the cookies extra soft and chewy.
To make these Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies start by creaming butter and both sugars with a paddle attachment. Add in a whole egg, vanilla extract and caramel sauce. Fold in the dry ingredients, chocolate chips and crushed pretzels. Chill the dough for at least an hour. This ensures a thicker cookies and actually allows the flavors to develop. Trust me it’s totally worth the effort!
Cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-5 days (if they last that long). These cookies also freeze really well too! Double the recipe and place the extra in the freezer to enjoy later.
Salted Caramel Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup crushed pretzels
- sea salt for sprinkling
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment add butter and both sugars. Mix until lighter in color and fluffy, (2-3 minutes).
- Add in vanilla and egg. Mix until combined. Make sure to scrap the sides of the bowl throughout.
- Pour in caramel and beat until incorporated.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the stand mixer in two parts.
- Fold the chocolate chips and the pretzels into the dough by hand.
- Place dough in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350, line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat.
- Portion rounded tablespoon size cookies onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven allow to cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and allow to cool before serving.
- Sprinkle with sea salt before serving and enjoy!