The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies. Super soft and chewy and loaded with chocolate chips! The only chocolate chip cookie recipe you’ll ever need!
This is by far the BEST chocolate chip cookie recipe I have ever made! The cookies are super soft and chewy, buttery and loaded with tons of chocolate chips. They are firm around the edges and gooey in the center. They melt in your mouth when they are hot out of the oven!
How to make Chocolate Chip Cookies
These cookies are incredibly easy to make. Simply cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in the vanilla and egg. Slowly stir in flour, salt, cornstarch and baking soda. Fold in chocolate chips and your done! Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes. I like to slightly under bake my cookies for an extra soft melt in your mouth center.
Tips for making the Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cornstarch: The secret to these cookies is the cornstarch which makes them perfectly soft and chewy. You only need 2 teaspoons and it makes a huge difference!
- Light Brown Sugar: I also substitute the granulated sugar with light brown sugar. This produces a chewier cookie with lots of flavor.
- Room temperature Ingredients: I also like to wait until the butter is completely softened and the egg is at room temperature before mixing everything up. This ensures a smooth batter and an awesome cookie!
- Shorter cooking time: I always like to slightly under bake my cookies. Once they look set around the edges I take them out of the oven and let them continue to cook for 5 minutes longer on the baking sheet. Then I transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely. This gives you a soft and chewy cookie!
- Extra Chocolate Chips: When the cookies come out of the oven I like to place some chocolate chips on top for presentation.
- Overnight Chill: These cookies can be made a day or two in advance. The longer the cookie dough sits the more the flavors develop.
How to store cookies
- Baked Cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-5 days or can be frozen for up to 3-4 months.
- Cookie Dough can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- You can freeze cookie dough by rolling out cookie dough balls then placing them on a cookie sheet. Place in the freezer until frozen then transfer to a ziplock bag and store for up to 4 months! When you are ready to eat the cookies thaw them in the refrigerator or let them sit at room temperature when the oven is preheating.
Here are more delicious cookie recipes to try!
- Chewy Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Coconut Oil Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chewy Monster M & M Cookies
- Brown Butter Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies
The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies. Super soft and chewy and loaded with chocolate chips! The only chocolate chip cookie recipe you'll ever need!
- 1 1/2 sticks 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment cream butter until light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes.
- Add in sugar and cream for an additional 1-2 minutes or until combined.
- Add in the egg and vanilla until combined and scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- In a large bowl combine flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
- In two additions add the dry ingredients.
- Fold in chocolate chips by hand.
- Scoop tablespoon sized cookies onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 - 11 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown, they may still be a little underdone in the middle that is fine, they will continue to cook on the baking sheet.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction
Originally published August 24, 2017