These Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are perfectly chewy, crisp around the edges and loaded with chocolate chips! They are one hundred percent gluten-free and ready in less than 20 minutes! You are going to love how simple this cookie recipe is, and best part is that you don’t need any fancy kitchen equipment to make them.
If you love peanut butter as much as I do, then you’re going to love these recipes too. Try my Peanut Butter Blossoms, Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies, and these amazing Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookie Sandwich Cookies!
Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Are you ready for the the easiest cookie recipe ever!? These cookies can be made in one bowl without a mixer and only require 8 simple ingredients! They are also healthier and gluten free! No flour is added to these cookies. Just peanut butter, light brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla, egg, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips. That’s it!
These flourless cookies make a great dessert and are perfect to take to a potluck. They are super chewy, a little crispy and melt in your mouth. If you’re looking to bake a delicious treat, then these Flourless Chocolate Chip Cookies are it. All you need is 5 minutes of prep time to whip up these cookies, so you won’t need to spend a lot of time in the kitchen.
Flourless Cookie Ingredients
These Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies have tons of flavor. You can’t go wrong with the peanut butter + chocolate combo!
- Peanut Butter: Use your favorite kind of nut butter! We use natural peanut butter and it works great!
- Sugar: I use a combination of granulated and light brown sugar. The light brown sugar helps to add extra chewiness to the flourless cookie.
- Chocolate Chips: This recipe calls for semi sweet chocolate chips however dark chocolate chips can also be used. You can also omit the chocolate chips for a flourless peanut butter cookie.
- Egg: The egg creates a chewy rich cookie. If you are allergic to eggs or are vegan a flax egg can be substituted.
- Salt and Vanilla: Are added to flavor the cookies. The salt brings out the chocolate flavor and enhances the peanut butter as well.
How to make Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat oven: To 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with a silicon baking mat or parchment paper.
- Make batter: In a large bowl add peanut butter, both sugars, egg, salt, vanilla and baking soda until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Bake: Drop by rounded tablespoon onto the prepared baking sheets and space them 2 inches apart. Press down each cookie with your hand to flatten slightly. (They tend to puff up a bit if you do not). Bake for 12 minutes or until the cookies look set. They will continue to cook as they cool on the baking sheet.
- Cool: Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a couple of minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store: In an airtight container for up to 5 days at room temperature.
- Freeze: Leftover baked cookies can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. Unbaked cookies can be rolled out and placed on a baking sheet in the freezer until frozen. Transfer to a zip lock bag and freeze for up to 3 months. To reheat simply allow the cookies to come to room temperature while the oven preheats.
Storage and Freezing Instructions
- Store: To preserve their freshness, store your flourless peanut butter cookies in an airtight container for up to 4 days at room temperature. Any longer and they should be popped in the freezer.
- Freeze: you can freeze left over cookies in a freezer-safe resealable bag and keep for up to two months.
Tips and Variations
- If you are not a fan of peanut butter you are more than welcome to swap this ingredient for any nut butter! You can definitely try this recipe with either almond or cashew butter.
- Looking to add a little crunch? Try using crunchy over smooth peanut butter in this recipe if you want to add a little texture to the cookies.
- If your cookie dough becomes too soft try chilling your dough before baking!
Here are more delicious cookie recipes to try!
- Chewy Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Coconut Oil Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chewy Monster M & M Cookies
- Brown Butter Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Brown Butter Skillet Cookie
Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with a silicon baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl add peanut butter, both sugars, egg, salt, vanilla and baking soda until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto the prepared baking sheets and space them 2 inches apart. Press down each cookie with your hand to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a couple of minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Adapted from My Recipes