Thick and Chewy Monster Cookies loaded with chocolate chips, M & M’s, peanut butter, and oats. They take only 20 minutes to make and are perfect for sharing, or you can keep the whole batch to yourself!
Monster M & M Cookies
Now, these aren’t just any kind of cookie. They are MONSTER cookies. They are loaded with peanut butter, oats, chocolate chips, and M & M’s. These M & M Monster Cookies are a mix between my Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies and Peanut Butter M & M Cookies. They are super thick, chewy, and loaded with tons of M & M’s and chocolate chips. I slightly under-bake the cookies to get the soft, chewy center.
This recipe makes about 16-18 pretty good-sized cookies. I like to double or triple the recipe to have some extra to freeze.
These monster cookies are the perfect blend of soft and chewy. I love the texture of the old-fashioned oats in this cookie.
They are also a great cookie to load up with any leftover Halloween candy you still have! I love to mix in mini Reese’s cups!
What you’ll need to make Monster Cookies
- Butter: I used unsalted butter and added salt later. Skip the salt if you add salted butter.
- Sugar: Just light brown sugar is needed for these Monster Cookies. You could use white or dark brown sugar in a pinch.
- Peanut butter: Creamy peanut butter gives the best texture. I like to use a brand like Skippy of Jif instead of brands that are 100% nuts.
- Vanilla: Vanilla brings out the warmth and sweetness of these cookies.
- Egg: Egg is a binding ingredient, making everything stick together.
- Flour: Flour is the foundation of most cookie recipes. I haven’t tried gluten-free flour for this recipe yet. Let me know if you do in the comments below!
- Salt: Just a little seasoning makes the sweetness pop!
- Baking soda: Baking soda gives the monster cookies a bit of a lift.
- Oats: I recommend old-fashioned oats, and not steel cut or instant for this recipe.
- Mix-ins: I mixed in chocolate chunks and m&m’s. Check out my list below for some other ideas!
How to make Monster M & M Cookies
1. Preheat oven: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream sugar and butter: In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
3. Peanut butter: Add in peanut butter and mix for 1-2 minutes.
4. Vanilla and egg: Add in vanilla and egg. Mix until combined.
5. Combine dry batter ingredients: Combine flour, salt, and baking soda in a small bowl.
6. Mix together: Add the dry ingredients to the batter in two parts with the stand mixer at the lowest speed. Mix for a little less than a minute. Do not overmix.
7. Add chunky ingredients: Fold in old-fashioned oats, M & M’s, and chocolate chips.
8. Portion cookies: Portion dough into 16-18 cookies and place on a silicone baking mat on top of a baking sheet.
9. Bake! Bake monster cookies for 11-13 minutes or until lightly golden brown and firm on the edges.
10. Sit: Remove from the oven and let sit for 3-4 minutes.
11. Cool: Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
How long can you store the cookies?
Cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-5 days (if they last that long). You can always freeze the cookies for up to 3-4 months.
What kind of oats can you use?
I recommend using old-fashioned oats. I do not recommend making these cookies with steel-cut or instant oats.
What else can I mix into the monster cookie batter?
- Mini Reese’s
- Chopped walnuts, pecans, or cashews
- White chocolate chips
- Crushed oreo’s
- Butterscotch chips
- Peanut butter chips
- Crushed pretzels
Here are more delicious cookie recipes to try!
- Chewy Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Coconut Oil Chocolate Chip Cookies
- The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Brown Butter Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to leave a review! This helps other readers and my website! I love to hear your feedback!
Monster M & M Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 whole egg
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup M & M's
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add in peanut butter and mix for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in vanilla and egg. Mix until combined.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda in a small bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the batter in two parts with the stand mixer on the lowest speed. Mix for a little less than a minute. Do not over mix.
- Fold in old fashioned oats, M & M's and chocolate chips.
- Portion dough into 16-18 cookies and place on a silicone baking mat on top of a baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 11-13 minutes or until lightly golden brown and firm on the edges.
- Remove from the oven and let set for 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-5 days (if they last that long). You can always freeze the cookies for up to 3-4 months.
Adapted from Love Grows Wild