Thick and Soft Brookies. A brownie and chocolate chip cookie all in one.
This recipe requires no chilling time. I like to make the brownie batter first and then the chocolate chip cookie batter. This gives the brownie batter time to firm up and makes it easier to scoop.
The brownie cookie portion is rich and chocolatey just like a brownie and soft and crisp around the edges. These cookies are made with two types of chocolate: Unsweetened chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate chips.
As for the chocolate chip cookie they are thick and fluffy and loaded with tons of chocolate chips! They are incredibly soft on the inside and firm on the edges.
Serve these Brookies with a tall glass of milk and enjoy!
- 1 stick 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate chopped
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips divided
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- ⅓ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or white chocolate chips
- *I recommend making the brownie batter first and allowing it to firm up while you are preparing the chocolate chip cookie batter*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add butter, unsweetened chocolate and 1 cup of the chocolate chips to a double boiler. (A bowl set over a saucepan filled with warm water)
- Stir until chocolate and butter have melted. Takes a couple of minutes.
- Meanwhile, add eggs and both sugar to a stand mixer with the whisk attachment. Whip on high until mixture becomes thick and lighter in color.
- Slowly add in melted chocolate on low speed until combined.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a medium bowl.
- Fold in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients by hand. Fold in the remaining 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- Set aside until ready to bake with the chocolate chip cookie.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Add butter and both sugars to a stand mixer with the paddle attachment.
- Add in vanilla and egg. Mix until combined. Make sure to scrap the sides of the bowl throughout.
- Meanwhile add flour, baking soda and salt to a medium bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients to the wet in two parts.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Roll about 1 tablespoon of the brownie dough into a ball. Next roll about 1 tablespoon of the chocolate chip cookie into a ball. Gently push the two dough balls together and roll into one single ball.
- Repeat with remaining dough and place on a baking sheet lined with a silicon baking mat.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and allow them to cool for a couple of minutes on the sheet tray.
- Move to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Brownie cookie adapted from Epicurious