Amazing Thick and Fudgey Turtle Brownies layered with caramel sauce, pecans and chocolate chips. A super decadent dessert!
I didn’t think brownies could get any better until I drizzled them with caramel sauce and topped them with chopped pecans and chocolate chips.
These brownies are AMAZING! Super rich, fudgey and chocolatey. Firm around the edges and soft and chewy on the outside.
This recipe is super easy and doesn’t require a mixer. The hardest part is waiting for the brownies to cool!
I used as little flour as possible to get a fudgey, chewy brownie. More flour = a cakey brownie. Less flour = a chewier and fudgey brownie. Brown sugar was added for extra sweetness and to give the brownie extra moisture.
You can either make your own caramel sauce or use caramel candies like I did. Either will work and both will be amazing!
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1½ cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 20 caramel candies
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9 x 9 or 8 x 8 pan with aluminum foil. Lightly spray with cooking spray or grease with butter. Set aside.
- Add butter and both sugars to a medium saucepan and stir until melted.
- Take off the heat and stir in chocolate chips until melted.
- Add eggs and vanilla to a medium bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Stir 1 teaspoon of the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture to temper the eggs.
- Add the rest of the chocolate mixture to the egg mixture and whisk to combine.
- In a medium bowl combine flour and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to the chocolate mixture and fold gently. Do not over mix.
- Add batter to the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top is set and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Take out of the oven and allow the brownies to cool completely before taking them out of the pan.
- Meanwhile, place caramel candies and milk in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave until melted in 15 second intervals, stirring occasionally.
- Drizzle the melted caramel sauce on top of the brownies and spread with the back of a spoon.
- Top with pecans and chocolate chips.
- Place in the fridge to chill. (This makes the brownies easier to cut.)
- Cut into 9 brownies and serve!
Original recipe from chefsavvy.com. Please do not publish my recipe or pictures without linking back to the original post. Thank you!