Fudge Stuffed Cookie Bars. Soft and Chewy cookie bars stuffed with a thick layer of homemade fudge sauce.
These bars are chewy and soft and loaded with chocolate chips AND a layer of fudge sauce.
To make these bars I whip up a quick chocolate chip cookie dough. I spread 2/3 of the dough on the bottom then layer with the fudge sauce then top with the remaining cookie dough.
The fudge layer is super simple to make and only requires 2 ingredients! Sweetened condensed milk and semi sweet chocolate chips are melted then spread in between the cookie layers.
When they come out of the oven I let them sit for at least an hour to cool before serving.
I love to serve these bars with a tall glass of milk! Enjoy!
Fudge Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ⅔ cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 9 pan with non stick cooking spray, set aside.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment add butter and sugar and beat until creamy.
- Add in egg and vanilla and beat until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- In a medium bowl combine the salt, baking soda and flour.
- Add the dry ingredients to the stand mixer on low just until combined. Make sure not to overmix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Press ⅔ of the dough into the prepared pan. Set aside while you prepare the fudge.
- Spread the fudge ontop of the cookie dough in an even layer.
- Layer with the remaining cookie dough. (I flatten the dough between my hands and lay it ontop. It is fine if it does not cover the whole pan.)
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown and the edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Allow it to cool completely before cutting. I place mine in the fridge for a couple hours to make it easier to cut.
- Add the condensed milk and chocolate chips to a small saucepan. Over medium low heat stir until melted and smooth.
NotesAdapted from Back for Seconds