Super Easy S’mores Bars. Cookie dough layered with chocolate and mini marshmallows. The perfect dessert!
S’mores are one of my all time favorite desserts. They remind me of camping and summer nights spent with friends and family.
These S’mores Bars are gooey and loaded with tons of melted chocolate. They are the perfect combination of chewy, sweet and buttery.
These S’mores Bars start with an easy chocolate chip cookie dough. I spread 1/2 of the dough on the bottom of the baking pan and cook for 10 minutes. Next I layer on the chocolate bars, mini marshmallows and the rest of the cookie dough. I place it back in the oven and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes.
Top with a few chocolate squares ontop when they come out of the oven. Cool completely before cutting into bars. Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⅓ cup all purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (1.5 ounce) milk chocolate candy bars
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add butter and both sugars to a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Beat until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
- Add in egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Meanwhile in a medium bowl combine flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt.
- Press half the dough into the prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven but don't turn the oven off. Layer the chocolate bars ontop of the pan and sprinkle with marshmallows.
- Spread the remaining dough on top. (It's ok if it does not cover the marshmallows)
- Bake for 15 minutes or until just lightly browned and the bars look set.
- Allow the bars to cool completely on a wire rack before cutting. They are very crumbly and hard to cut if you do it while they are warm.
NotesAdapted from Genius Kitchen