This rich and creamy Nutella Swirled Cheesecake Bar recipe is layered with a buttery graham cracker crust and a generous amount of Nutella swirled with classic cheesecake. Plus, it only requires 4 ingredients! Perfect dessert for any occasion.
Homemade Nutella Cheesecake Bars
When it comes to dessert, cheesecake is always my favorite. I especially love cheesecake bars because they are easier to eat and a breeze to make!
These Nutella Swirled Cheesecake Bars are rich, creamy and smooth. I made the filling with just 4 ingredients — cream cheese, egg, sugar and vanilla. That’s it!
These bars start with a buttery graham cracker crust. You can use sleeves of graham cracker or pre-crushed graham cracker crumbs like I did. (These typically stay fresh longer.) And you can’t go wrong with adding a little Nutella! Before the cheesecake goes in the oven I melted the Nutella for 15 seconds in the microwave to make it easier to spread.
The hardest part about these Nutella Cheesecake Bars is waiting for them to cool. I like to make these bars the night before to give them plenty of time to cool down in the fridge. This recipe makes 9-16 bars depending on how big you slice them. Enjoy!
- Graham Cracker Crumbs: I prefer the pre-crushed graham cracker crumbs (plus, they seem to last longer), but you can also use the whole bars and crush in a bag with a rolling pin.
- Unsalted Butter: Melted, to bind the graham cracker crumbs together and help them get toasty as they bake.
- Sugar: For both the cheesecake and the graham cracker crust!
- Cream Cheese: It’s crucial that you use cream cheese that is softened to room temperature. Otherwise, you’ll end up with lumpy cheesecake batter.
- Egg: This binds the cheesecake together 1 large egg is needed.
- Vanilla: To take the cheesecake to the next level and marry the flavors (like the Nutella) together!
- Nutella: Warm it in the microwave for 15 seconds or so to make it spreadable and swirlable.
How To Make Nutella Cheesecake Bars
- Prep: Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line an 8 x 8 pan with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Make the Crust: Combine graham cracker, butter and sugar in a small bowl. The texture should be similar to wet sand. Press the crust into the prepared pan and bake for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown. Then, remove from the oven, and allow to cool completely.
- Make the Cheesecake Filling: Beat cream cheese in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Add in the sugar, egg and vanilla. Mix until combined. Make sure to scrap the sides of the bowl. Pour cheesecake mixture into the prepared pan.
- Add the Nutella: Spoon slightly warmed Nutella on top. Using a butter knife to swirl the Nutella into the cheesecake batter.
- Bake: Until cheesecake is set and only slightly jiggly in the middle, about 30-35 minutes.
- Serve: Cool at room temperature for 30 minutes to an hour, and place in the refrigerator to cool completely. I usually leave it in overnight. Cut the nutella cheesecake into squares to serve. You can typically get as many as 9 larger pieces and 16 smaller pieces.
- Go a little nutty! Add some chopped pecans or walnuts to the cheesecake batter or sprinkled on top. Even better, drizzle with caramel before serving to achieve chocolate turtle vibes!
- Not a fan of bars? You can easily convert this recipe to a traditional round cheesecake or divide among muffin tins for individual cheesecakes!
- Add more chocolate! Mix in some chocolate chips or chunks, or sprinkle some on top before baking. Take it up a notch with a heavy drizzle of melted Nutella or chocolate ganache once the bars are out of the oven and cooled before serving!
- Change up the crust! Use flavored graham crackers like chocolate or cinnamon, or swap for chocolate cream-filled cookie sandwiches!
Storage, Freezing, and Reheating Instructions
- Store leftover cheesecake bars in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days (pre-sliced is fine).
- Freeze cooled and cooked Nutella Cheesecake Bars in an airtight, freezer-safe container or plastic bag and wrapped in plastic wrap either whole or sliced into individual bars. I like the later because then you can grab one anytime the craving strikes!
- Reheat frozen cheesecake bars simply by letting them thaw in the fridge. Enjoy chilled!
More Dessert Recipes To Try
Love these decadent Nutella Cheesecake Bars? Then you’ve got to try these other delicious dessert recipes:
- Chocolate Fudge Cakes for Two
- Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies
- Copycat Cosmic Brownies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- The BEST Chocolate Cake
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to leave a review! This helps other readers and my website! I love to hear your feedback!
Nutella Swirled Cheesecake Bars
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup nutella slight warm (I microwave mine for 15 seconds)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8 x 8 pan with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Combine graham cracker, butter and sugar in a small bowl. The texture should be similar to wet sand.
- Press the crust into the prepared pan and bake for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown.
- Take out of the oven and cool completely.
- Meanwhile assemble the cheesecake filling. Beat cream cheese in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment.
- Add in the sugar, egg and vanilla. Mix until combined. Make sure to scrap the sides of the bowl.
- Pour cheesecake mixture into the prepared pan.
- Spoon slightly warmed Nutella on top. Using a butter knife to swirl the Nutella into the cheesecake batter.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the cheesecake is set.
- Cool at room temperature for 30 minutes to an hour and place in the refrigerator to cool completely. I usually leave it in overnight.
- To serve cut into squares. I cut mine into 9 but you can make smaller squares of 16.