These triple chocolate mini cheesecakes feature an Oreo cookie crust layered with chocolate cheesecake and topped with a chocolate ganache. Perfect for chocolate lovers, especially on special occasions like birthdays and Valentine’s Day!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
I love making mini cheesecakes rather than a whole cheesecake. And it seems that you all do, too! My mini cheesecake recipe is one of my top recipes on my blog! They are super easy to make, the perfect portion size, and freezer-friendly.
These triple chocolate mini cheesecake cupcakes are made in a muffin pan with cupcake liners. Super easy to clean up and doesn’t require a special pan.
These mini cheesecakes are rich, creamy and smooth. I made the filling with cream cheese, sour cream, eggs, vanilla and melted bittersweet chocolate chips.
The simple crust is made from just Oreo cookies and butter, and the ganache is made from chocolate and warm cream that’s combined until smooth.
This recipe makes 12 perfectly sized mini cheesecakes. They are perfect for serving a crowd and the recipe can easily be doubled.
- Oreos: And melted butter make the perfect crust for these cheesecakes! You can always substitute chocolate graham crackers or wafers in place of the oreos.
- Cream cheese: Make sure to use softened cream cheese to ensure the batter will be smooth and lump free. To quickly soften cream cheese to room temperature microwave on high in 10 second intervals until softened.
- Sour cream: I always add sour cream to my cheesecake batter. It adds a nice tanginess and gives the cheesecake lots of moisture.
- Granulated sugar: Is used to sweeten the cheesecake batter.
- Eggs: Add structure as well as moisture.
- Vanilla: Adds the perfect amount of subtle flavor to these cheesecakes.
- Semi sweet chocolate: Melted and cooled chocolate is added to the cheesecake batter. Make sure to use good quality chocolate to really enhance these mini cheesecakes!
How To Make It
Oreo crust: Start by making the Oreo crust. Add the crushed Oreos and butter to a small bowl and mix to combine.
Evenly divide the mixture into the lined muffin tin. Bake for 5 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
Chocolate Cheesecake: Beat cream cheese in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Add in sour cream, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Mix until combined. Make sure to scrap the sides of the bowl. Add in the cooled melted chocolate and mix to combine.
Pour cheesecake mixture into cooled muffin tin. It will be about 2 tablespoons of filling each. Fill almost all the way to the top.
Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the cheesecakes are set. They will still jiggle a bit. Do not over cook them. If they start to crack they are getting over cooked.
Serve: Pour 1 tablespoon or so of the ganache on top of each cheesecake and smooth the top. Place back in the refrigerator to set. Serve chilled with chocolate shavings on top, if desired. Fresh fruit would also be great on top of the cheesecakes.
How To Make Chocolate Ganache
I top the Mini Chocolate Cheesecake Cupcakes off with a simple Chocolate Ganache. The ganache is super easy to whip up. To make the chocolate ganache melt chocolate and heavy cream in the microwave until smooth and melted. You can also cook the ganache over a double boiler. Allow the ganache to cool for about 2-3 minutes. Spread on top of the cooled cheesecakes and place in the fridge to allow it to set.
Making this for a crowd? Then make my Triple Chocolate Cheesecake!
Store any leftover triple chocolate mini cheesecake muffins in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month. Allow to thaw in the fridge before serving from frozen.
More Dessert Recipes To Try
- The BEST Brownies
- Texas Style Blueberry Cobbler
- Easy S’mores Bars
- The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Hot Fudge Pudding Cake
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to leave a review! This helps other readers and my website! I love to hear your feedback!
Triple Chocolate Mini Cheesecakes
- 18 oreos
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces semi sweet chocolate melted and cooled
- 3/4 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- chocolate shavings for topping if desired
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a regular size muffin pan with paper liners. (I recommend using the paper liners over foil) Set aside.Add Oreos to a food processor and pulse until they resemble fine crumbs.
- Add the crushed Oreos and butter to a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Evenly divide the mixture into the lined muffin tin. Bake for 5 minutes.Take out of the oven and cool completely.
- Meanwhile assemble the cheesecake filling. Beat cream cheese in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment.Add in sour cream, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Mix until combined. Make sure to scrap the sides of the bowl.
- Add in the cooled melted chocolate and mix to combine.
- Pour cheesecake mixture into cooled muffin tin. It will be about 2 tablespoons of filling each. Fill almost all the way to the top.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the cheesecakes are set. They will still jiggle a bit. Do not over cook them. If they start to crack they are getting over cooked.Allow them to cool in the muffin tin completely.
- Pour 1 tablespoon or so of the ganache on top of each cheesecake and smooth the top. Place back in the refrigerator to set.
- Serve chilled with chocolate shavings on top, if desired.
- Add chocolate chips and heavy cream to a medium microwave safe bowl. Heat in 15 second intervals until fully melted.Allow the ganache to cool for about 2-3 minutes.