The BEST Brownies. Super fudgey, rich and chocolatey. Made with brown butter and instant coffee! Everything can be made in one bowl. They are so much better than box mix!
Brownies are one of my favorite desserts. They are super easy to make at home and taste so much better than box mix. These chocolate brownies come out soft and chewy on the outside and firm around the edges. Just how I like my brownies. I love to serve these fudge brownies warm with a big scoop of ice cream!
What makes them the BEST:
- Brown Butter adds so much flavor and extra nuttiness to the brownies.
- Less Flour makes the brownies chewy and fudgey.
- I use brown sugar in place on granulated sugar for extra flavor and softness.
- Instant coffee granules are added to bring out the cocoa flavor in the brownies.
How to make these Brownies:
This recipes starts with browning the butter then adding it to a large bowl with both sugars, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt. Allow to sit for 5 minutes then fold in the eggs, vanilla, flour and chocolate chips. That’s it! Everything can be made in one bowl!
If you are a chocolate lover you should try these recipes:
- The BEST Chocolate Cake
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Triple Chocolate Cheesecake
- Hot Fudge Pudding Cake
The BEST Brownies
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter cubed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 whole large eggs cold
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks or chocolate chips
- walnuts if desired
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line a 9 x 9 or 8 x 8 pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Lightly spray with cooking spray or grease with butter. Set aside.
Add butter to a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat until light brown / caramel in color. 5-10 minutes. Make sure to keep and eye on it so butter does not burn. It also helps to use a light colored saucepan for this.
Pour browned butter into a large bowl along with both sugars, cocoa powder, salt, instant coffee granules and baking powder. Stir until combined and allow to rest for 5 minutes or until the mixture has cooled down.
Stir in the eggs and vanilla and mix until batter has a nice sheen to it.
Fold in the flour and stir until combined. (Do not over mix)
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top is set and a toothpick comes out clean.
Cool completely and lift out the aluminum foil or parchment paper.
Cut into 9 brownies and serve.
This recipe was originally published Jun 20, 2016.