Ultra Rich and Moist Zucchini Brownies. Healthier, loaded with chocolate and topped with a simple ganache.
It’s pretty hard to believe that there are vegetables in these brownies! They are so rich and dense with the perfect amount of sweetness. I used less flour for a chewier brownie and substituted brown sugar in place of granulated sugar.
These brownies are loaded with tons of chocolate flavor. I used unsweetened cocoa powder AND semi-sweet chocolate chips. I also added instant coffee granules to bring out the flavor of the chocolate.
The brownies are alot healthier too! I only added in 4 tablespoons of butter and a lot less sugar from my standard Brownie Recipe.
This recipe is also extremely simple to make. No mixer required. Simply brown the butter, stir in sugar, baking powder, cocoa, shredded zucchini and salt. Allow to sit for 5 minutes then fold in the rest of the ingredients. That’s it!
I top the Zucchini Brownies off with a simple Chocolate Ganache. The ganache is super easy to whip up. Just chocolate and heavy cream melted and poured on top. Spread the ganache on top of the brownies and place in the fridge to allow it to set.
These Healthier Zucchini Brownies are the perfect way to use up zucchini from your garden!
- 1½ cups zucchini, cut into large chunks
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ⅔ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon coffee granules
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ¾ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9 x 9 or 8 x 8 pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Lightly spray with cooking spray or grease with butter. Set aside.
- Add butter to a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat until light brown / caramel in color. 5-10 minutes. Make sure to keep and eye on it so butter does not burn. It also helps to use a light colored saucepan for this.
- Pour browned butter into a large bowl along with sugar, cocoa powder, salt, instant coffee granules and baking powder. Stir until combined and allow to rest for 5 minutes or until the mixture has cooled down.
- Stir in the eggs and vanilla and mix until batter has a nice sheen to it.
- Fold in the flour, shredded zucchini and chocolate chips just until combined. (Do not over mix)
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes or until the top is set and a toothpick comes out slightly clean. (I like to underbake mine for extra fudgey brownies)
- Cool completely and lift out the aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Frost with chocolate ganache cut into 9 brownies and serve!
- Add chocolate chips and heavy cream to a medium microwave safe bowl. Heat in 15 second intervals until fully melted.
- Allow the ganache to cool for about 2-3 minutes. Pour and spread ontop of the cooled brownies.
- Place back into the fridge to allow the ganache to set.
NotesAdapted from King Arthur Flour