A Large Triple Chocolate Brownie for Two made with Nutella and double the amount of dark chocolate morsels. Serve a la mode with ice cream!
It all started with my single serve chocolate chip mug cookie. I realized how easy it was to make some of my favorite desserts in such little time. I wanted a chocolate brownie with minimal effort. No double broilers, no long cooking times, and no mixers.
This time I skipped the microwave and went straight to the oven. I wanted as close to a regular brownie as possible without all of the extra leftover servings. I knew the oven would give me the perfect texture I wanted with shorter cooking times.
My Triple Chocolate Brownie will serve two perfectly or one very hungry person. I have eaten this whole brownie by myself I won’t judge.
This brownie is made with dark chocolate morsels and Nutella. I melted chocolate morsels for our batter to get a fudgy brownie. I then add more dark chocolate morsels at the end. I pour half of the batter in the pan and add a scoop of Nutella in the center. You can smear it around or even mix it in the batter if you like. I prefer the gooey nutella suprise in the center. I top with the other half of the batter and plop it in the oven.
The best thing about this brownie is it does not take long to cook. Typically a large batch of brownies takes 30-40 minutes at least. Our brownie takes 15 minutes tops! In the time you clean up you will be sitting down to eat your brownie.
To get the fudgy, chewy taste for my brownies I use as little flour as possible. More flour makes for a cake like brownie. Firm around the edges but gooey and almost under baked on the inside was what I was after.
I like using my 6 1/2 inch cast iron skillet. You can always use an oven safe skillet or divide the batter in two and put in ramekins.
My Triple Chocolate Brownie is made with chocolate chips not cocoa powder. The chocolate chips make the brownies nice and fudgy.
A pinch of salt brings out more of the chocolate flavor and the brown sugar gives the brownie a nice sweet molasses flavor.
This brownie is rich and chocolaty. Perfect to satisfy any sweet tooth. Top with vanilla ice cream and mint for garnish. Grab some spoons and dig in.
These brownies are perfect for late night chocolate cravings!
Triple Chocolate Brownie for Two
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 tablespoons dark chocolate morsels
- 1 teaspoon heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- ⅛ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 whole egg
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon dark chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoon Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat butter, dark chocolate, and heavy cream in a small saucepan. Stir until fully melted and take off the heat. Allow to cool.
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar, salt, vanilla, and egg.
- Add in cooled chocolate.
- Fold in flour in two parts.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour half of the batter into a small greased pan (6½ inches) or 2 small ramekins. Add Nutella to the center of the batter and cover with the remaining batter.
- Place in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes or until center is cooked through. I like to stick a knife in the brownie to see if it comes out clean.
- Serve immediately and top with ice cream and mint for garnish if desired. Enjoy!