Peppermint Brownies. Soft and chewy brownies layered with a chocolate ganache and topped with candy canes!
These Peppermint Brownies could not be easier. Everything is made in one bowl. No mixer needed! Simply brown the butter, stir in sugars, baking powder, cocoa and salt. Allow the batter to sit for 5 minutes to cool then fold in the rest of the ingredients. That’s it!
The brownies are topped with an amazing chocolate ganache then sprinkled with crushed up candy canes. They have the perfect amount of peppermint!
Serve these Peppermint Brownies with a tall glass of milk and enjoy!
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter cubed
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs cold
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup candy canes crushed
- 1½ cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9 x 9 or 8 x 8 pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Lightly spray with cooking spray or grease with butter. Set aside.
- Add butter to a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat until light brown / caramel in color. 5-10 minutes. Make sure to keep and eye on it so butter does not burn. It also helps to use a light colored saucepan for this.
- Pour browned butter into a large bowl along with both sugars, cocoa powder, salt, instant coffee granules and baking powder. Stir until combined and allow to rest for 5 minutes or until the mixture has cooled down.
- Stir in the eggs and vanilla and mix until batter has a nice sheen to it.
- Fold in the flour and stir until combined. (Do not over mix)
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top is set and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely.
- Once cool top with the chocolate ganache.
- Sprinkle with the crushed candy canes.
- Cut into 9 brownies and serve.
- In a small saucepan add the chocolate chips and heavy cream. Whisk until smooth and melted, set aside.