Soft and Creamy Triple Chocolate Cheesecake. Oreo Cookie crust layered with chocolate cheesecake and topped with chocolate ganache. The perfect cheesecake for chocolate lovers!
Triple Chocolate Cheesecake
What’s better than cheesecake? A triple chocolate cheesecake! This chocolate cheesecake is super rich, thick, creamy and soft. It’s got the perfect amount of sweetness and tons of chocolate in every layer.
The crust is made with crushed oreo’s and butter and the cheesecake is topped with a nice helping of chocolate ganache.
This chocolate cheesecake does require some prep time and a bit of patience. Once the cheesecake is cooked it sits in the fridge for at least 8 hours to chill before you can slice into it.
The ganache is super easy to whip up. Just chocolate and heavy cream melted and poured on top. Spread the ganache on top of the cooled cheesecake and place back in the fridge to allow it to set.
This is a great dessert to make a day ahead. I like to make the ganache the day of (It keeps the ganache smooth and shiny).
If you are a chocolate lover than this Chocolate Cheesecake is made for you!
How to make Chocolate Ganache
I top the Triple Chocolate Cheesecake off with a simple Chocolate Ganache. The ganache is super easy to whip up. To make the chocolate ganache melt semi sweet chocolate chips and heavy cream in the microwave until smooth and melted. You can also cook the ganache over a double boiler. Allow the ganache to cool for about 2-3 minutes. Spread on top of the cooled cheesecake and place in the fridge to allow it to set.
Here are more delicious dessert recipes to try!
- The BEST Brownies
- Texas Style Blueberry Cobbler
- Easy S’mores Bars
- The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Hot Fudge Pudding Cake
Triple Chocolate Cheesecake
- 2 cups Oreos about 22-24 cookies, crushed (I pulse them in the food processor)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2 lbs cream cheese 32 ounces, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9-inch spring form pan with butter and set aside.
- Add crushed Oreo's and butter to a medium bowl and mix until combined and the texture is similar to wet sand.
- Press Oreo crumbs into the prepared pan and bake for 8 minutes. Take out of the oven and allow it to cool.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment beat cream cheese until smooth and fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
- Add in sour cream, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Mix until combined. Make sure to scrap the sides of the bowl.
- Add in cooled chocolate and mix until combined.
- Pour cheesecake mixture into the cooled pan.
- Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes or until the top looks set.
- Run a thin knife around the edge of the pan to prevent cracking. (Leave the cake in pan). Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours or overnight to chill and set.
- A couple of hours before serving prepare ganache and spread onto cheesecake. Let set before serving (1 to 2 hours).
- Add chocolate chips and heavy cream to a medium microwave safe bowl. Heat in 15 second intervals until fully melted.
- Allow the ganache to cool for about 2-3 minutes. Pour and spread ontop of the cake.
- Place back into the fridge to allow the ganache to set.
- *NOTE: Prep time does not include cooling time in the fridge*