Soft and chewy Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. They taste just like a slice of banana bread but in cookie form!
This is a great way to use up leftover banana. The banana also helps to soften the cookie and allows us to use only a half a stick of butter not a whole stick.
There is ton’s of banana flavor in this cookie and the oats add a nice chewy texutre. It tastes just like banana bread but in cookie form!
Soft and chewy on the inside and firm around the edges.
I added some cinnamon and a pinch of nutmeg to the batter for some extra flavor. You can even add in some raisins or nuts!
Best of all these cookies only take 30 minutes to make! No chilling or resting time needed!
Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 medium banana
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1¼ cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Add banana, both sugars, butter and vanilla to a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Mix until combined.
- Stir in egg and vanilla.
- Combine oats, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a medium bowl.
- On low speed add in dry ingredients to the banana mixture just until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- On a baking sheet lined with a silicon baking mat scoop heaping 1 tablespoon cookies.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and set.
- Cool on pans for 5 minutes and remove cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Adapted from My Recipes