Healthy Banana Bread made with coconut oil, maple syrup and whole wheat flour! The best healthy banana bread you will ever have! Best of all everything is made in one bowl!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below & we'll send it straight to your inbox! You will also receive other new recipes in your inbox weekly!
Healthy Banana Bread
Banana bread is one of my favorite recipes to make will leftover bananas. It’s always a crowd favorite and makes for an easy breakfast or snack! I took my favorite banana bread recipe and made it healthier! This healthy banana bread recipe is naturally sweetened with maple syrup instead of granulated sugar. I also swapped regular all purpose flour for whole wheat flour and used coconut oil in place of the butter. The bread still comes out moist and full of flavor! You will not miss the butter!
This easy healthy banana bread take only 15 minutes of prep times and only requires one bowl! Best of all most of the ingredients are pantry staples!
- Coconut Oi: Is used in place of unsalted butter and canola oil. Don’t worry about it adding a coconut flavor to the bread the oil is very mild and hard to detect!
- Maple Syrup: Naturally sweetens the bread. I love the flavor of the maple syrup however honey can also be substituted.
- Eggs: If you have an egg allergy feel free to substitute the eggs with flax eggs.
- Milk: Use your favorite milk! Nut milks also work if you are dairy free. I like using oat milk in this banana bread recipe.
- Flour: I use white whole wheat flour. You can also use a mix of all purpose flour and whole wheat flour. Gluten free flour also works in this recipe!
- Bananas: I like to use 2 large bananas in this recipe. If your not sure how much to add I typically try to add at least 1 cup of mashed bananas. The more bananas you add the sweeter the bread will be. It will also add lots of moisture too!
Looking for a Flourless Banana Bread? Then give my Almond Flour Banana Bread a try!
How to make banana bread
- Preheat oven: To 325 degrees. Grease a 9 x 5 or 8 x 8 loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray, set aside.
- Combine wet ingredients: Add coconut oil, maple syrup, eggs and milk to a large bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Combine dry ingredients: Fold in baking soda, salt and flour just until combined and clump free. Stir in bananas.
- Bake: Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until the bread is golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out mostly clean.
- Cool: Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes then remove it from the pan onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Serve: Warm with butter, honey or peanut butter on top!
- Store: At room temperature for up to 3 days!
Can you freeze banana bread?
Yes! I like to cut the bread into individual portions and then wrap them in aluminum foil and place in the freezer. They are good for up to 3 months! To reheat simply take a slice out and warm it up in the toaster oven or toaster.
- Healthy Banana Nut Bread: Dried walnuts or pecans can be added to the batter for extra crunch.
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread: Semi sweet chocolate chips or Dark chocolate chunks can be added to make the banana bread even richer and decadent.
- Healthy banana bread muffins: This recipe can be made into muffins! Simply raise the oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out mostly clean.
- Dried fruit: Cranberries or raisins would be great!
- Seeds: Pepitas or sunflower seeds can be added for texture.
Here are more Easy Banana Bread Recipes to try!
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Bread
- Marble Chocolate Banana Bread
- Double Chocolate Banana Bread
- Dulce de Leche Banana Bread
- Caramel Pecan Banana Bread
Healthy Banana Bread
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 9 x 5 or 8 x 8 loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray, set aside.
- Add coconut oil, maple syrup, eggs and milk to a large bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Fold in baking soda, salt and flour just until combined and clump free. Stir in bananas.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until the bread is golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out mostly clean.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes then remove it from the pan onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Serve immediately with butter or honey if desired!