20 Minute Teriyaki Shrimp
20 Minute Teriyaki Shrimp. Made with a homemade teriyaki sauce! A super easy meal for a busy weeknight!
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon ginger minced
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce It is important to use low sodium. I find regular makes the sauce too salty
- ⅛ cup water
- 2-3 tablespoons brown sugar depending on how sweet you like it
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined with tails off or on, if desired
- green onions for garnish if desired
- sesame seeds for garnish if desired
Add garlic, ginger, soy sauce, water, brown sugar, vinegar and sesame oil to a medium saucepan.
Bring to a simmer and cook for 2-3 minutes.
In a small bowl whisk together cornstarch and water.
Slowly whisk in the cornstarch mixture into the saucepan.
Simmer whisking constantly until sauce has thickened up, 1-2 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet.
Add shrimp and saute until fully cooked.
Add teriyaki sauce to the shrimp and toss to coat.
Serve immediately with green onions and sesame seeds, if desired.