Thai Salmon Cakes
- 1 pound fresh salmon (you can used canned in a pinch or leftover salmon)
- 2 green onions white parts only
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons mayonaisse
- 1/4 cup sweet thai chili
- 3/4 teaspoon ginger minced
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic minced
- oil for cooking
- sesame seeds for garnish if desired
- green onions for garnish if desired
- sweet thai chili sauce for dipping
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place the salmon on a baking sheet and cook for 10-15 minutes until the salmon is cooked through.
When the salmon is cool flake with a fork and set aside.
Add green onions, egg, panko breadcrumbs, fish sauce, mayonnaise, sweet thai chili, ginger, garlic and flaked salmon to a large bowl. Mix until combined. Make sure not to over mix.
Form into 1/2 inch patties.
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet. Working in batches add the salmon cakes and cook until browned on both sides and crispy, 2-3 minutes per side.
Serve immediately with sweet thai chili sauce for dipping and sesame seeds and green onions for garnish, if desired.