Thai Salmon Cakes made with fresh salmon, sweet thai chili sauce, ginger and fish sauce!
These Thai Salmon Cakes are loaded with flavor. To make them I use fresh salmon, garlic, fish sauce, ginger and sweet thai chili sauce. I recommend using fresh salmon in this recipe but canned salmon can be used in a pinch. You could also used leftover salmon!
I bake the salmon at 425 degrees for 12-15 minutes. While the salmon is baking I add all of the other ingredients to a large bowl. Once the salmon is cool I toss it will the rest of the ingredients and form my salmon patties.
I cook the Salmon Cakes in a bit of oil until they are golden brown and crispy!
I like to serve these Thai Salmon Cakes with sesame seeds and green onions for garnish. I also like to serve extra sweet thai chili sauce on the side for dipping.
Thai Salmon Cakes
- 1 pound fresh salmon, (you can used canned in a pinch or leftover salmon)
- 2 green onions, white parts only
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons mayonaisse
- ¼ cup sweet thai chili
- ¾ teaspoon ginger, minced
- ¾ teaspoon garlic, minced
- oil, for cooking
- sesame seeds for garnish, if desired
- green onions for garnish, if desired
- sweet thai chili sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the salmon on a baking sheet and cook for 10-15 minutes until the salmon is cooked through.
- Meanwhile while the salmon is cooking add the remaining ingredients to a large bowl, set aside.
- When the salmon is cool flake with a fork and add to the large bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Form into ½ inch patties.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet.
- Working in batches add the salmon cakes and cook until browned on both sides and crispy, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Serve immediately with sweet thai chili sauce for dipping and sesame seeds and green onions for garnish, if desired.