Easy Thai Salmon Cakes made with fresh baked salmon, sweet Thai chili sauce, garlic, ginger and fish sauce! These salmon patties are loaded with flavor and make a great appetizer or main dish!
This Salmon Cake Recipe is loaded with so much flavor! To make them I use fresh flaked salmon, garlic, fish sauce, ginger and sweet thai chili sauce. I recommend using fresh salmon in this recipe but canned salmon can be used in a pinch. This recipe is a great way to use up leftover salmon!
I bake the salmon until it is fully cooked and tender. Once the salmon is cool I toss it will the rest of the ingredients and form my salmon patties. The salmon cakes then get cooked in a bit of oil until they are golden brown and crispy!
I like to serve these Easy Salmon Cakes with sesame seeds and green onions for garnish. I also like to serve extra sweet thai chili sauce on the side for dipping.
- Fresh salmon (make sure to pat the salmon dry with a paper towel if you are using thawed frozen salmon)
- Green onions, garlic and ginger: Are what give these patties all of their flavor.
- Eggs, mayonnaise and panko breadcrumbs: Act as the binder for these thai salmon cakes.
- Sauces: Fish sauce and sweet thai chili sauce are added. Both can be found in the international isle in the grocery store or at your local farmers market.
How to make Thai salmon cakes
- Bake the salmon: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place the salmon on a baking sheet and cook for 10-15 minutes until the salmon is cooked through.
- Make salmon patties: Meanwhile while the salmon is cooking add green onions, egg, panko breadcrumbs, fish sauce, mayonnaise, sweet thai chili, ginger and garlic to a large bowl, set aside. When the salmon is cool flake with a fork and add to the large bowl. Mix well to combine. Form into 1/2 inch patties.
- Brown salmon patties: Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet. Working in batches add the salmon cakes and cook until browned on both sides and crispy, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Serve: Immediately with sweet thai chili sauce for dipping and sesame seeds and green onions for garnish, if desired.
What to serve with Thai Salmon Cakes
- Cilantro Lime Brown Rice
- Steamed vegetables
- Chow mein noodles
- Vegetable Fried Rice
- Honey Roasted Carrots
- Thai Cucumber Salad
I always have to have lots of sauces for dipping! I love serving this with thai chili sauce, sriracha mayo (1 cup mayo to 2 tablespoons sriracha), or a lemon aioli.
Here are more Easy Salmon Recipes to try!
- Sweet and Sour Salmon
- Hoisin Glazed Salmon and Veggies in foil
- Easy Teriyaki Salmon
- Super Easy Thai Salmon
- Blackened Salmon with Lime Butter Sauce
- Sweet and Spicy Honey Sriracha Salmon
Thai Salmon Cakes
- 1 pound fresh salmon (you can used canned in a pinch or leftover salmon)
- 2 green onions white parts only
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons mayonaisse
- 1/4 cup sweet thai chili
- 3/4 teaspoon ginger minced
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic minced
- oil for cooking
- sesame seeds for garnish if desired
- green onions for garnish if desired
- sweet thai chili sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place the salmon on a baking sheet and cook for 10-15 minutes until the salmon is cooked through.
- When the salmon is cool flake with a fork and set aside.
- Add green onions, egg, panko breadcrumbs, fish sauce, mayonnaise, sweet thai chili, ginger, garlic and flaked salmon to a large bowl. Mix until combined. Make sure not to over mix.
- Form into 1/2 inch patties.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet. Working in batches add the salmon cakes and cook until browned on both sides and crispy, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Serve immediately with sweet thai chili sauce for dipping and sesame seeds and green onions for garnish, if desired.