Korean Beef Bowls
20 Minute Korean Beef Bowls! A shortcut version of traditional Korean Bulgogi Beef served over white rice! A super easy meal perfect for busy weeknights!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger minced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes or more to taste
- green onions for garnish if desired
- sesame seeds for garnish if desired
- white rice for serving
Heat oil in a large skillet. Add in beef crumbling as you cook it and saute until brown, 4-5 minutes. Drain any excess fat.
Add in garlic and ginger and cook for an additional minute.
Meanwhile in a small bowl whisk together brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil and red pepper flakes.
Stir the sauce mixture into the beef and simmer for 2-3 minutes until the sauce is heated through and thickened.
Sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds for garnish, if desired.
Serve immediately over a bed of white rice.
Adapted from Damn Delicious