Slow Cooker Honey Sriracha Chicken
Perfect with rice or noodles, this super tender slow cooker honey sriracha chicken is covered in a homemade honey garlic Sriracha sauce.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 6 chicken thighs bone-in and skin on
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 lime juiced
- 1-2 tablespoons sriracha depending on how spicy you'd like it
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- sesame seeds for garnish if desired
- green onions for garnish if desired
Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add chicken (I had to do it in two batches) and sear until golden brown on both sides, 2-3 minutes per side.
Transfer the chicken thighs to the slow cooker.
In a medium bowl combine ketchup, soy sauce, honey, lime juice, sriracha and garlic.
Pour the sauce over chicken and toss to combine.
Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours.
Serve with sesame seeds and green onions for garnish, if desired..