Double Chocolate Loaf Cake
Double Chocolate Loaf Cake loaded with chocolate chunks then topped with a creamy chocolate ganache icing!
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sour cream room temperature
- 1 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup hot coffee or hot water
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3-4 tablespoons milk
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 9 x 5 pan with cooking spray.
In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment cream butter and both sugars until combined and fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
Add in eggs one at a time, scraping the bowl between each addition.
Next add in vanilla and sour cream and mix until incorporated.
In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda and cocoa powder.
In two additions add the dry ingredients to the stand mixer and mix just until combined (do not over mix)
Add the hot coffee or hot water to the stand mixer and beat on high for 1 minute.
Fold in chocolate chips by hand and pour the batter into the prepared pan.
Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out mostly clean (a few crumbs is fine)
Place the cake on a cooling rack to cool completely.
Once cool run a knife along the sides to remove the cake.
Pour the ganache on top and wait until ganache has firmed up before slicing. (About an hour)
Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl and whisk to combine.