Thai Basil Beef
Thai Basil Beef is a super easy one-skillet meal loaded with tender, juicy beef and absolutely bursting with flavor! This easy dinner recipe is perfect for a healthy weeknight meal the whole family will love.
- 1 pound flank steak sliced in thin strips against the grain
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 whole red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 whole green onion sliced (green and white parts)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup Thai basil leaves can sub mint or regular Italian Basil if you are in a pinch
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoon light brown sugar
In a medium bowl add beef, water, cornstarch and soy sauce. Toss to coat. Marinade for 30 minutes.
Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Remove the beef from the marinade and sear the beef until just browned, 2-3 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Add the red pepper and green onion to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add in garlic and cook for an additional minute.
Add the beef back to the pan along with the sauce. Cook until thickened, 2-3 minutes.
Fold in the Thai basil and cook until it’s just wilted. Serve immediately with green onions and sesame seeds if desired.