- 2 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine oats, flour, cinnamon, baking soda and chocolate chips in a large bowl.
Combine peanut butter, apple sauce, maple syrup, brown sugar and egg in a medium bowl.
Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
On a baking sheet lined with a silicon baking mat or parchment paper, portion out heaping tablespoon cookies. Smash the cookie down to flatten it out. (Cookies do not puff up or spread a lot in the oven)
Bake for 9-10 minutes or until slightly browned and they appear firm. Cool for a couple of minutes on the baking sheet and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.