Italian Ham and White Bean Orzo Soup
This Italian Ham and White Bean Orzo Soup recipe is decadent and comes together in just 40 minutes!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 1/2 cups ham cubed
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 cups water
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 15-ounce can fire roasted tomatoes, with juice
- 2 15-ounce cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes for serving if desired
- grated parmesan for serving if desired
- basil for serving if desired
Heat oil and butter in a large pot.
Add in orzo, onion and ham and saute for a couple of minutes until onion is tender.
Add in garlic and cook for an additional minute.
Pour in stock, water, seasoning, tomatoes and beans.
Simmer for 20 minutes or until pasta is fully cooked.
Season with salt and pepper.
Serve warm and garnish with freshly chopped basil or parsley if desired.