Vegetarian Quinoa Chili
A super healthy Vegetarian Quinoa Chili loaded with three different types of beans, corn and quinoa. Hearty, thick, filling and full of flavor!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 14.5 oz cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 7 oz can diced green chiles
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- a couple dashes of hot sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 15 ounce can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can light red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed
- shredded cheese sour cream, green onions and avocado for serving, if desired
Heat olive oil in a large pot
Add in onion and saute until tender, 3-4 minutes.
Add in garlic and cook for an additional minute.
Add in diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, cooked quinoa, water, green chiles, chili powder, cumin, cocoa, paprika and hot sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Cover pot and simmer for 30 minutes.
Add in all of the beans and corn. Cook for a couple of minutes until heated through.
Serve immediately with shredded cheese, sour cream, green onions and avocado for serving, if desired!
Adapted from Cooking Classy