Healthy Greek Yogurt Guacamole
Ready in just 10 minutes, serve this healthy Greek yogurt guacamole with homemade tortilla chips or your favorite veggies.
- 1 ripe avocado diced
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup red onion diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro chopped
- ¼ cup tomatoes diced
- ½ teaspoon jalapeño minced
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- sprinkle of salt and pepper to taste
Combine all of the ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix to combine, making sure not to mash up all of the avocado. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve immediately with your favorite chips!
- Turn up the heat: Jalapeños are added for a little bit of spice as well as red onion for some color. This salsa is not overly spicy by any means. Just a little kick. You can add the seeds of the jalapeño if you are looking for a spicier guacamole.
- Don't forget the drinks: Wash this guacamole down with my Classic Margarita or Mojito!
- Make it vegan: Love the guac but not the dairy? To make this recipe dairy-free and vegan-friendly, you can simply substitute plain vegan yogurt or vegan sour cream or vegan yogurt.
- Store it right: Storing leftover guacamole is not always easy -- no one likes the browning process that always seems to happen as soon as you shut the fridge door. I have found that storing the guacamole in an airtight container, then flattening the top and covering tightly with plastic wrap, is the best way to keep it fresh. You can also add a small layer of water or lime juice to help keep the air out of the guacamole.