Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup
Super Rich and Creamy Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup. An easy weeknight meal that takes less than 30 minutes to make.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers roughly sliced
- 1 can 14.5 ounce fire roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh parsley chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- pinch of salt
- crumbled feta cheese if desired
- croutons if desired
- extra parsley for garnish if desired
Add olive oil and onions to a large pot. Cook for 2 minutes.
Add in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
Stir in red peppers, roasted tomatoes and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes. Take off of the heat and allow to cool slightly.
Place in a blender and pulse until smooth and creamy. About 30 seconds.
Add the soup back to the pot along with heavy cream, red pepper flakes, oregano, parsley, pepper and salt. Warm up the soup on low if needed and serve immediately.
Top with feta cheese, croutons and parsley if desired.