Buffalo Chicken Macaroni and Cheese
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked whole wheat penne
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons onion minced
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups 1% milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 4 tablespoons buffalo sauce
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 3 tablespoons blue cheese crumbled
- parsley for garnish if desired
- blue cheese for garnish if desired
Boil pasta until aldente about 8-9 minutes.
Meanwhile melt butter in a large skillet. Add in onion and cook for 3-4 minutes.
Add in flour and stir constantly for 1 minute.
Add milk and simmer stirring occasionally, 3-4 minutes until thick and creamy. (Keep an eye on it so milk does not burn on the bottom of pan or that it does not bubble over).
Take off of the heat and whisk in cheese until fully melted.
Add in buffalo sauce, the cooked noodles and chicken to the cheese sauce. Toss to coat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve immediately with blue cheese crumbs and parsley on top for garnish if desired.