Creamy Spicy Buffalo Chicken Macaroni and Cheese topped with blue cheese crumbles! A super cheesy and spicy dish the whole family will love.
My two favorite comfort foods have collided. Spicy buffalo wings and mac and cheese. Does it get any better than this?
Cheesy, rich and loaded with flavor. Made with shredded chicken, a creamy cheese sauce, penne pasta and of course buffalo sauce. A quick stove top mac and cheese that can be made in less than 30 minutes.
I love spicy foods. For me the spicier the better. That’s why buffalo sauce is one of my favorite condiments. I love it in wraps, salads or tossed with my favorite wings.
This Buffalo Chicken Macaroni and Cheese is the ultimate comfort food. Perfect for Sunday’s festivities.
This mac and cheese starts off with a typical roux (butter and flour whisked together). This helps thicken up our cheese sauce. Milk is then added and simmered until bubbly and thick. Cook pasta until al-dente so it still has a nice bite to it. Stir in cheese, buffalo sauce, salt and pepper.
Cook the chicken while the pasta is cooking or save some time and use precooked shredded chicken. Top with extra crumbled blue cheese and chopped parsley.
You can’t go wrong making macaroni and cheese at home. It is way better than the boxed stuff.
Below are some of my other favorite Macaroni & Cheeses:
Buffalo Chicken Macaroni and Cheese
- 2½ cups uncooked whole wheat penne
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1½ cups 1% milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 tablespoons buffalo sauce
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 3 tablespoons blue cheese, crumbled
- parsley for garnish, if desired
- blue cheese for garnish, if desired
- Boil pasta until aldente about 8-9 minutes.
- Meanwhile add butter to a small saucepan. Heat until melted.
- Add in onion and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in flour and stir constantly for 1 minute.
- Add milk and simmer stirring occasionally, 3-4 minutes until thick and creamy. (Keep an eye on it so milk does not burn on the bottom of pan or that it does not bubble over).
- Take off of the heat and whisk in cheese until fully melted.
- Stir in buffalo sauce, salt and pepper.
- Pour cheese sauce over the cooked noodles and toss to combine.
- Add in cooked chicken and blue cheese crumbles.
- Serve immediately with extra blue cheese crumbs and parsley on top for garnish if desired.