Easy 20 Minute Chicken Tortilla Soup
This Easy 20 Minute Chicken Tortilla Soup is a comforting, flavorful and fast weeknight dinner. Top with tortilla strips, cilantro and avocado!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 10 ounce can enchilada sauce (medium)
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 15.5 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups shredded chicken breasts cooked
- 1 tablespoon lime juice about half of a lime
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro chopped
- avocado for garnish if desired
- tortilla strips for garnish if desired
- cilantro for garnish if desired
Add oil to a large saucepan.
Add in onion and saute for 2-3 minutes.
Add in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
Pour in chicken broth, enchilada sauce, crushed tomatoes, black beans, corn, cumin, paprika and pepper.
Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
Stir in precooked shredded chicken and warm through.
Take off of the heat and add in lime juice and cilantro.
Serve immediately and garnish with avocado, tortilla strips or cilantro if desired.