Zucchini "Pasta" with Tomato Sauce
- 4 zucchinis about 4 cups, cut into thin noodles with a vegetable spiralizer
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon basil chopped
- Parmesan cheese for garnish if desired
Add oil to a large saucepan. Add is onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until tender. Add in garlic and cook for an additional minute.
Add in crushed tomatoes, oregano and red pepper flakes. Bring to a light simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
Add zucchini noodles to the sauce and cook for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
Stir in basil and Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Serve immediately.