Spicy Shrimp Pho
This Spicy Shrimp Pho is a twist on the traditional Vietnamese soup made with hot steaming chicken broth, shrimp, cilantro and fresh squeezed lime juice.
- 4 ounces whole wheat thin spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno minced
- 2 tablespoons green onion sliced thin
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 cup button mushrooms thinly sliced
- 12 ounces large shrimp uncooked
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cilantro chopped
Cook spaghetti until aldente.
Meanwhile add oil to a large pot or dutch oven.
Add garlic, jalapeno and green onions. Saute for 1-2 minutes.
Pour in chicken stock, fish sauce and sesame oil. Bring to a simmer.
Stir in mushrooms and shrimp. Simmer until the mushrooms are tender and the shrimp is fully cooked.
Take off of the heat and stir in pepper, lime juice, and cilantro.
Divide the noodles among the 4 bowls and pour the soup on top.
Garnish with extra lime wedges and cilantro if desired.