Easy Chicken Stir Fry
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 chicken thighs or breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1 cup carrots julienne
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- couple dashes of fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- sesame seeds for garnish, if desired
Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a large skillet and heat over high heat. Add chicken and stir fry until fully cooked, about 6-7 minutes. Take out of the pan and set aside.
In the same pan heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. Add onions, broccoli, carrots and mushrooms. Saute for 3-4 minutes until slightly tender. Add in garlic and saute for 1 minute.
In a small bowl whisk together peanut butter, soy sauce, sriracha, fish sauce, sesame oil and red pepper flakes.
Add the sauce to the pan along with the chicken. Toss to coat the chicken and veggies.
Serve immediately with sesame seeds for garnish, if desired