Easy 30 Minute Chicken Stir Fry loaded with chicken, broccoli, carrots and mushrooms! The veggies and chicken get tossed in a tangy and spicy Asian inspired peanut sauce. Serve over brown or white rice to complete the meal!
Who doesn’t love a good chicken and broccoli stir fry?! Tons of veggies mixed in an Asian inspired peanut sauce. Plus everything gets cooked in one pan AND it can be made in less than 30 minutes? Count me in!
In my house we love making stir fry’s at least once a week. They are a great way to use up leftover vegetables before they go bad. I’ve made this recipe with everything from bell peppers to bok choy, celery, onions and cauliflower. The possibilities are endless!
This easy chicken stir fry recipe is super healthy thanks to all of the vegetables. I also added chicken for some protein. This stir fry isn’t loaded with tons of sauce making it a light weeknight meal you won’t feel guilty about eating. Feel free to double the sauce if you want the dish to be a bit saucier.
The best thing about this chicken stir fry recipe is the sauce. It’s the perfect combination of sweet and spicy with tons of peanut flavor. If your like me and you like a little extra spice toss in some more red pepper flakes, sriracha or chili garlic sauce.
How to make Chicken Stir Fry
- Pan fry chicken: Start by sautéing chicken in a large skillet. Stir fry until fully cooked, about 6-7 minutes. Take out of the pan and set aside.
- Stir fry vegetables: Take out of the pan and add the vegetables. Saute for 3-4 minutes and return the chicken back to the pan.
- Make the sauce: Meanwhile, while the veggies are cooking make the sauce. In a small bowl whisk together peanut butter, soy sauce, sriracha, fish sauce, sesame oil and red pepper flakes.
- Serve!: Immediately with sesame seeds for garnish!
- I recommend using low sodium soy sauce in this recipe to keep the sauce from being too salty. If you only have regular soy sauce substitute some of the soy sauce for water.
- I’ve made this recipe with both chicken breasts and chicken thighs and both work great!
- Make this a quick vegetarian meal by omitting the chicken and the fish sauce.
- Non-vegetarians can mix it up and use shrimp in this stir fry.
What to serve with this Stir Fry
- White or brown rice are my favorites to go with this dish!
- For a low carb option try cauliflower rice or quinoa.
- Chow mein noodles
- Lo mein
- Vegetable Fried Rice
- Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Healthier Egg Rolls
Here are more Easy Takeout Inspired Recipes to make at home!
- Authentic Chicken Lo Mein
- Chicken Chow Mein
- Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Easy Beef Fried Rice
- Honey Garlic Chicken Stir Fry
Easy Chicken Stir Fry
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 chicken thighs or breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1 cup carrots diced
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- couple dashes of fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- sesame seeds for garnish, if desired
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a large skillet and heat over high heat. Add chicken and stir fry until fully cooked, about 6-7 minutes. Take out of the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. Add onions, broccoli, carrots and mushrooms. Saute for 3-4 minutes until slightly tender. Add in garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- In a small bowl whisk together peanut butter, soy sauce, sriracha, fish sauce, sesame oil and red pepper flakes.
- Add the sauce to the pan along with the chicken. Toss to coat the chicken and veggies.
- Serve immediately with sesame seeds for garnish, if desired