Bacon Fried Rice
If you’ve never thought of adding bacon to your fried rice you are missing out! The rice gets fried in bacon grease then gets topped with crispy bacon before serving! This recipe is even better than take out!
If you are fried rice obsessed like me and my family, you have to try my Ham Fried Rice and my Chinese Fried Rice!
The BEST Bacon Fried Rice
There is no secret here that I am absolutely obsessed with fried rice. I think it is the perfect meal since it can be made in one pot, and includes veggies and delicious rice all in one meal! Plus, it is so versatile. This time, I think I made my all time favorite fried rice variation with…bacon! That’s right, crispy bits of bacon make this fried rice recipe full of flavor and perfectly savory with every bite.
- Butter: Every great fried rice recipe starts with a bit of butter. This adds a ton of flavor and perfectly crisps up the rice. If you’ve ever been to a hibachi restaurant they ALWAYS use butter and it makes such a big difference!
- Eggs: I used three eggs and whisked them well in order to have bits of scrambled egg in my rice!
- Bacon: The star of the show here is the bacon. You’ll want to really crisp it up in a pan and then let it cool before breaking it apart into pieces. The rice gets cooked in the bacon grease too so there’s tons of bacon flavor throughout!
- Veggies: I used onion, garlic, carrots and peas in this recipe. Feel free to add more veggies if desired!
- Rice: Cold, white rice works best in this recipe. Avoid using freshly cooked, warm rice since it will turn mushy. You can quickly make rice in the instant pot and blast chill it in the freezer if your short on time.
- Soy Sauce: I used low sodium soy sauce here to keep the salt content down.
- Oyster Sauce: Oyster sauce adds an extra hit of umami flavor which turns your fried rice into an even better than take out meal!
- Sesame Oil: A bit of sesame oil adds a nutty flavor.
- Sesame Seeds: Top it all off with sesame seeds, if desired!
How to Make Bacon Fried Rice
- Cook the Eggs: Add the butter to a small skillet. Add in eggs and cook over medium heat until soft and scrambled. Set aside on a plate.
- Cook the Bacon: Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and fry on both sides until golden brown and crispy. Remove from the pan and transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
- Sauté the Veg: To the bacon grease, add in the carrots and onions. Sauté for 4 minutes or until the vegetables start to get tender. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the Rice: Add in the rice and stir fry for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Mix it All Together: Add in the peas, soy sauce, oyster sauce, and sesame oil. Then add in the eggs and crumbled, crispy bacon. Stir to combine. Serve immediately with sesame seeds for garnish!
Tips for Success
- Add more protein! You can make this rice your own and add more protein like chicken, pork or beef!
- Add more veggies! The beautiful thing about fried rice is you can pack it with veggies and it will still taste good! Try adding broccoli, corn, and snap peas!
- Make sure to use cold rice! The cold rice will ensure that the grains of rice don’t stick together in the pan. If you have leftover rice, use that! If not, then cook your rice, spread it out on a baking sheet and refrigerate it for about an hour. Then you will have cold rice ready for this recipe!
What to Serve With Bacon Fried Rice
This Bacon Fried Rice is a great meal to eat alone, or try it along with some of my favorites:
More Easy Rice Recipes to Try
- Best Easy Fried Rice
- Beef Fried Rice
- Red Beans & Rice
- Cilantro Lime Shrimp & Rice
- Cauliflower Fried Rice
Bacon Fried Rice
This Bacon Fried Rice is an easy and perfectly savory recipe to whip up in no time. With crispy bacon, tender carrots and peas, and perfectly fried rice, this recipe is even better than take out!
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 eggs whisked
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 4 cups cooked and chilled rice
- 3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- sesame seeds for garnish, if desired
- Add butter to a small skillet. Add in eggs and cook over medium heat until soft and scrambled. Set aside on a plate.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and fry on both sides until golden brown and crispy.Remove from the pan and transfer to a paper towel lined plate. When the bacon is cool enough to handle chop it up into bite size pieces.
- To the bacon grease add in the carrots and onions. Sauté for 4 minutes or until the vegetables start to get tender.Add in garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add in rice and stir fry for 1-2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add in peas, soy sauce, oyster sauce and sesame oil. Stir in cooked eggs and remove from heat. Serve immediately with bacon sprinkled on top and sesame seeds for garnish!